Sponsored

Rear view camera?

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I've just read through the standard features again and see listed: adjustable steering wheel, keyless entry/ push button start and rear view camera.
So, will my base EB that looks like it has a tiny 4 inch stereo screen have this camera? And it shows through that little screen?
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Yep

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I remember reading that Rear View Backup Cameras are suposed to be Required By Law in 2016 or 2017

OP
OP
Waylap1

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
I remember reading that Rear View Backup Cameras are suposed to be Required By Law in 2016 or 2017
More government nannies. Like TPMS.

I'd rather see mandatory heartbeat detectors when vehicle internal temps are above 120*F
More kids die left in cars than behind them.

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang

I'd rather see mandatory heartbeat detectors when vehicle internal temps are above 120*F
+1

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Wish Ford would've installed cameras on the outside mirrors + Front of car.

My current DD has one on the passenger side, it's my favorite feature on the car. I use it all the time.

Some day (Very soon IMO) all cars will be equipped with 360° views.

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
The camera could be in the rear view mirror, that's where it is in my 2011

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
The camera could be in the rear view mirror, that's where it is in my 2011
Pretty sure on the base model it is indeed in the rear view mirror, not on the screen.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
You are seriously putting a backup camera in the same "nanny" category as TPMS?

So a camera that could help save over 200 lives per year in back over accidents is a "nanny" but mandating some sort of sensor to prevent grossly absent minded parents from forgetting their kids who were seated two feet away and leaving them in hot car is not in your opinion?

As stated above, over 200 people die per year from back over accidents. From what I can tell, less than 40 kids die in hot cars. Both are tragic statistics no matter how you look at it, and it would be great to prevent them all, but I was mainly pointing out that your statement seems to be ill informed. If you have statistics to the contrary, I don't mind being corrected.

Deaths/injuries aside, I suspect that a backup camera could also have a statistically profound impact on prevention to damage of property.

OP
OP
Waylap1

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
You are seriously putting a backup camera in the same "nanny" category as TPMS?

So a camera that could help save over 200 lives per year in back over accidents is a "nanny" but mandating some sort of sensor to prevent grossly absent minded parents from forgetting their kids who were seated two feet away and leaving them in hot car is not in your opinion?

As stated above, over 200 people die per year from back over accidents. From what I can tell, less than 40 kids die in hot cars. Both are tragic statistics no matter how you look at it, and it would be great to prevent them all, but I was mainly pointing out that your statement seems to be ill informed. If you have statistics to the contrary, I don't mind being corrected.

Deaths/injuries aside, I suspect that a backup camera could also have a statistically profound impact on prevention to damage of property.
I'm a retired LEO traffic homicide investigator.(south Fla) I worked DUIs, serious and fatal crashes and traffic enforcement. I don't have statistics. Ain't nobody got time for that.
I'm just against more government mandated things on vehicles that then become issues long down the road when they fail but MUST be operational to pass the state inspections where that is also a yearly government mandated thing. (In some states)
Suddenly, you're no longer going to pass unless you pay out of pocket to fix x,y,z.
I can check my own tire pressures, look behind my car before I get in it and back up using techniques and and responsible actions like have been taught since 1964 Mustangs hit the road.
I love gadgets, just not Government mandated ones.

Sponsored

RisingForce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 tempo.
I'm a retired LEO traffic homicide investigator.(south Fla) I worked DUIs, serious and fatal crashes and traffic enforcement. I don't have statistics. Ain't nobody got time for that.
I'm just against more government mandated things on vehicles that then become issues long down the road when they fail but MUST be operational to pass the state inspections where that is also a yearly government mandated thing. (In some states)
Suddenly, you're no longer going to pass unless you pay out of pocket to fix x,y,z.
I can check my own tire pressures, look behind my car before I get in it and back up using techniques and and responsible actions like have been taught since 1964 Mustangs hit the road.
I love gadgets, just not Government mandated ones.
Rear camera isn't considered a gadget anymore. It's for safety. Just like airbags are government mandated vehicle features to help save lives.

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The rear view camera is a Great option.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Rear camera isn't considered a gadget anymore. It's for safety. Just like airbags are government mandated vehicle features to help save lives.
Ford and its customers (the free market) are well equipped to determine what should and should not be a part of its product. Just ask the folks at GM how that government/private business marriage is going.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I look behind my vehicle every-time before I get in. Just a few weeks ago as I was starting to back out of my garage, a 5yr old neighbor kid decided to run across my drive way from my left to right, about 10' out from the garage door, I saw her in my review camera and slammed on the brakes, she had no idea what had just occurred.

Asked her why she was running/playing in front of my garage...I spoke with her parents...They were shocked and thanked me...I'm still bothered by the event...if I didn't have the camera I may have________??
Sponsored