Sponsored

Rear suspension squeak on airlift 3P

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Hi guys, have an intermittent high pitched squeaking noise from the rear, some days it doesn't happen, other days like today its a constant noise driving me nuts!

My mechanic said the following:

Found it..so there’s a metal plate on the bottom of the bags in the rear for mounting purposes and I believe it’s just a nipple in a hole but what’s causing the squeak is that lower plate/nipple rubbing the lower control arm where they both meet.... It’s from the suspension pre loading them taking tension of quickly and pressure back.

Can any suspension/air lift 3P experts chime in with some advice? What can I do to get rid of this noise? Car has been silent suspension wise for a year on air.
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, have an intermittent high pitched squeaking noise from the rear, some days it doesn't happen, other days like today its a constant noise driving me nuts!

My mechanic said the following:

Found it..so there’s a metal plate on the bottom of the bags in the rear for mounting purposes and I believe it’s just a nipple in a hole but what’s causing the squeak is that lower plate/nipple rubbing the lower control arm where they both meet.... It’s from the suspension pre loading them taking tension of quickly and pressure back.

Can any suspension/air lift 3P experts chime in with some advice? What can I do to get rid of this noise? Car has been silent suspension wise for a year on air.
I'm running the AirLift system on my car also. The rear bottom bag plate can be quieted by obtaining some rubber sheet and cutting it to fit between the bottom plate and the lower control arm seat. Then put the retaining bolt back in and torque it down. The other noise I had was from the OEM upper camber arm rubber bushings at the inboard pivot points. No noise at first, but slowly over time I started getting that creak and squeak. I ended up replacing them with the BMR rear upper camber lockout kit and Godspeed rear adjustable camber arms. No squeaks!