Sponsored

Rear Seat Delete Questions

NewGT4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I installed the Shrader kit myself. I did a couple modifications though.

1. Installed a plywood board across the width of the rear seat to add support for weight. I have two dogs, both of which can sit back there without any issue. They total about 140lbs between them.

2. I added a cross brace from spare wood I had to the back piece to offer support on the vertical cover. My dogs like to lean on things, and I haven't had any issues with that yet either. I painted the wood black so you can't see it when your in the trunk unless your looking for it.

The $15 I spent on plywood plus the delete kit from Shrader was the perfect combo IMO.

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
OEM gtr... the best solution and design. I wish an aftermarket maker like Anderson would mimic the design.

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I installed the Shrader kit myself. I did a couple modifications though.

1. Installed a plywood board across the width of the rear seat to add support for weight. I have two dogs, both of which can sit back there without any issue. They total about 140lbs between them.

2. I added a cross brace from spare wood I had to the back piece to offer support on the vertical cover. My dogs like to lean on things, and I haven't had any issues with that yet either. I painted the wood black so you can't see it when your in the trunk unless your looking for it.

The $15 I spent on plywood plus the delete kit from Shrader was the perfect combo IMO.
Did you use a plywood sheet? or a 1x6 or something? I just want the seat delete for my two dogs as well.

Sponsored

NewGT4me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Did you use a plywood sheet? or a 1x6 or something? I just want the seat delete for my two dogs as well.
I believe it was either 1/4" or 1/2" sheet. Then I used 1x4's on the back piece

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
I intend to do a rear seat delete simply because the rear seats are useless, and if my car is a two-seater, it should look like a two-seater. I don’t care about weight savings, because I don’t race it. I do insist on a very sturdy platform for any cargo I want to throw behind the front seats. My solution is to simply fold the rear seats forward, and constuct a removable plywood bulkhead to close off the trunk area. I will carpet both sides of the bulkhead and add sound deadening material if it needs it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
âš âš âš âš âš 

Note:
2021 Mach 1 Owners are finding that the rear seat belts now have small wire harnesses attached that senses if the rear seatbelts are being used (or not).

IF the wires are disconnected, it will throw a DTC that can't be cleared unless the Dealer clears it. Currently there is no known way to clear the seatbelt DTC using Forscan or standard OBD scanners.

The instructions that come with the 2015+ Ford Performance Rear Seat Delete (or similar aftermarket versions) do not have revised instructions for the 2021 warning of the rear seat belt revision.

So if you have a 2021 S550, and are going to do the rear seat delete - don't disconnect those small wire harnesses on the rear seat belts, just tuck everything under the rear seat delete.

Read this thread for all the info:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-rear-seat-belts-have-a-2-wire-connector-°.159905/

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I have the shrader one and installed it cause I never used back seat. Was easy to install. I did leave the rear seatbelts installed due to the extra work and didn’t wanna cut the top portions of the plastic to remove them. So they are buckled under the cover to secure them. It’s really nice having the large flat area if you have anything to set back there. It’s a very nice kit.

9A8869CB-B333-41AE-ABA0-6BFB6268539C.jpeg

19DEBA16-9FAB-4B0B-98CD-37DAE2845BC2.jpeg
Sponsored