Rear seat belts locked

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
Long story short I installed a rear seat delete and removed the seat belts. I'm not loving the set up and thinking of reinstalling the seats. When I went to grab the seat belts, they were locked and offer almost no give. I can't reinstall with them like that, wondering if anyone else has had this happen and gotten passed it.

Thanks
Sponsored

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Most likely it's the angular safety lock that locked them up. It's a mechanism that under extreme angles of the car's body, it locks up the seat belt to keep the body from slipping through. What may help you to get them to release is to hold the mechanism at a neutral angle the way they are mounted on the car and try to see if they unlock.

OP
OP
frestylmotox01

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I'll give that a shot!

OP
OP
frestylmotox01

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Most likely it's the angular safety lock that locked them up. It's a mechanism that under extreme angles of the car's body, it locks up the seat belt to keep the body from slipping through. What may help you to get them to release is to hold the mechanism at a neutral angle the way they are mounted on the car and try to see if they unlock.
This was the solution, I was able to find the right angle and get them back out. Thanks!
Sponsored