Rear LH hub/wheel bearing replaced under ESP. How many shop hours did this take the dealer?

Discussion in 'Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls' started by 71Rcode, Apr 14, 2020.

1. 71Rcode

71Rcode Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT PP 6-speed base
    0   0   0
    Guys, I sprung for the Ford Premium ESP with a $100 deductible in Feb. for my 2017 GT PP just before the factory warranty expired. I was replacing brake pads on all four corners last week when I noticed slop in the rear LH wheel bearing. Ford fixed it up today fee of charge...no deductible....NICE. Approximately $150 in parts on invoice.

How many shop hours would you estimate the dealer took to do the work? 0 hours listed on the invoice. Keeping track to justify my $1400 ESP cost. I would guess 3 hours at $150 an hour plus parts = $600 repair? I do all my wrenching so have no idea what dealers charge. Thanks for the schooling!

2. Dana Pants

Dana Pants Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dana
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT PP1
    0   0   0
    I think I did a rear wheel bearing in much less than 3 hours in my small one car garage. It’s just two caliper bolts, the big axle nut, and 4 bolts for the bearing. If the mechanic took the car apart any further, that’s their problem.