Sponsored

Rear fender damage: PDR, paint, or widebody kit?

Jackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 401A NPP
Brand new S550 GT w/ hardly any miles on it, belongs to the OL, had some decent winds the other day, big planter falls off the front porch and onto the pass. side rear fender, right where the rear bumper cover and body meet, about 3.5 - 4" up into the steel. Looks like it could be PDR'd. While having the bodyshop assess it, they point out another damn spot on the driver's side rear fender well, about the 10 o'clock position. PDR shop concerned paint may crack.

Wifey is sick about it, as she traded in the last S550 over a door dasher pulling a front end smash and run. She doesn't like the S650, and plans to keep this one longterm. Our son has recently started learning to drive in it, so it is a memory machine for sure. My thought was to consider some sort of modest widebody kit, but I would want to avoid the expense of new front and rear bumper covers, as well as new axles, IF possible. If not, then it sounds like we're moving on with body work and paint. If it IS feasible, I need to get busy finding the right one. It is Dark Matter Grey Metallic, with the Night Pony package, so she thinks she wants carbon fiber fenders and heat extractor style hood. Can it be done with just wheels and tires? What other mods are necessary that I'm not considering?

Shelby's Super Snake widebody looks best to us, but it is cut and welded in with, no doubt, tons of body work and bumper covers. The RTR kit doesn't look too bad either. I'd think a rivet type solution would be much more cost effective, but it must be somewhat tastefully done. Does CF stand up well to UV, or would it eventually need a wrap / paint? Hood pins would be a must.

Any recommendations / advice? Thx!
Sponsored

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I have a great recommendation. Find the body shop that does the nicest car dealerships work in town and let them fix it properly. It’s very repairable and you’ll never know it happened with the right shop. And tell your wife not to park underneath stuff.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Agree with last poster. Get it fixed properly.

Just don’t do the rivet type!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Post a pic of the damage. And one of your wife. She sounds bad-ass!

Personally I would not go for wide body in the rear. But I would for the front because that makes the F/R width more in balance. Also allows for wider front wheels for "square" setups. Witness the GT350 wider front fenders.

Otherwise, Post #2 is also my recommendation. Ask me how I know.
Sponsored