Sponsored

Rear Diffuser Removal / Modification

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Today it was time to swap out my reverse light bulb with the Diode Dyanmics LED, but of course the rear diffuser is in the way. It's pretty obvious that Ford didn't provide enough clips to hold it firmly in place. The gaps created from a lack of clips causes road debris to get caught and wedged in place. I decided to make some changes.

[ame]

Let me know what you guys think!
Sponsored

Last edited:

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
That is one of the first mods that I made on my GT350. My car didn't come with any press type fasteners on the rear diffuser other than the 2 bolts by the diff and 2 bolts in the rear. I installed extruded nuts in the 8 factory locations across the back and used stainless 1/4" bolts. No drilling or additional holes needed. But this won't reduce the amount of crap that collects in the diffuser, lots of rocks collect up there from the front.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Well, don't think I will be drilling any new holes in mine. I noticed the rocks/debris as well when I installed the same bulb you did, but I don't think they are getting in from where you put the screws but rather from the front of the diffuser. BTW, for those who haven't installed this bulb you are missing out, backing up at night now is much safer, this bulb is probably 10x brighter than the crappy bulb that came on the car.

OP
OP

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Yeah I kinda figured that. Hopefully this will prevent the bigger pebbles from lodging in the gaps and compacting over time.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby GT 350
There are plenty of open area's in the front of the diffuser that allow the rocks and other items to enter. No amount of fasteners on the back side can fix that.
Sponsored