• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Rear Differential Bolt Sleeves.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
One set of stainless steel bolt sleeves to reduce the gap between the standard M14 diff bolts and the piss poor fit rear subframe bushings.

More info about these items and their purpose can be found here :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...al-mount-bolts-issues-resolutions-pics.74891/

Donā€™t think that just the high power or abused cars would benefit from these, hereā€™s what happened to mine :

1668893705915.jpeg

Even the side that didnā€™t break a bolt had moved and was starting to chew the bush :

1668893771123.jpeg

I now have a set of these sleeves fitted to my car, they will work with standard bolts or upgraded hardware (unless you have already done the M16 bolt mod) :

1668893949132.jpeg

1668893909555.jpeg

The sleeves I have for sale increase the bolt diameter in the bush bore to 16mm.

The sleeves I have in my car are 17.2mm which is a push fit, but (according to my tech) made fitment tricky as everything needed to be lined up perfectly to get the bolt started as there was zero wiggle room.

The picture required to keep me on the right side of the moderatorā€™s :

1668894198784.jpeg

Ā£15 posted in the U.K. :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Iā€™ll take these please. I can pay now and collect the next time we meet ?

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
SOLD : I will put them at one side for you - no need to pay upfront, I know you are good for it :like:

If there is any interest, I'm not far off making up a second set of Steeda (black / hard) diff bush inserts. I have four of the bolts and the four poly bushes.

I would just need to source some of the hardware :

2 x 10.9 M10x35 hex head bolts.
4 x large washers
2 x front spacers
2 x rear spacers

I have the sizes of washers and spacers required - I measured all my stuff before it was fitted :like:

It could make a cheap kit for you or anyone else who's happy to run with the harder black bushes ?

https://www.steeda.co.uk/products/s...-bushing-insert-system?variant=30301872914504

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™d be interested in this as well. Got any spare 12.9 diff bolts to go with the SS sleeves. In for a pennyā€¦..

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve not got spare 12.9ā€™s but they came from here :

https://www.gwr-fasteners.co.uk/

And they werenā€™t expensive for one offs :

1669052406612.png

Donā€™t be tempted with getting the short front most bolt in a cap head, I made the decision not too as A) itā€™s not set at high torque and B) I figured clearance would be to tight with no chance or tightening it in future.

Turns out I was spot in with the second point :

1669052585698.jpeg

I will sort you a full kit if you want - bolts, washers and spacers etc.

We can sort it via text :like:

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like the Steeda kit doesnā€™t fit the Mach 1. I assume itā€™s because the factory bushings are different and the Steeda poly supports donā€™t fit. Iā€™ll still take the sleeves and Iā€™ve ordered the bolts youā€™ve screenshot from GWR. Do I need replacement washers as well or can I reuse the factory washers ?

OP
OP
WD Pro

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah thatā€™s interesting info, I checked the Steeda USA site and the product info almost reads like they are learning / updating the product info as they go along.

From the product info :

Note: Does not fit GT350 or Mach 1.

And just a little further down :

Also fits the 2020 S550 GT500

Note: Due to changes in the OE subframe bushings, the bushing inserts will not fit 2021 GT500's or 2022 Mustang's

So it looks like there have been both model and year related running changes.

Based on that and the fact that we donā€™t know what the changes are, Iā€™m not sure the bolts you have ordered will be correct :frown:

The bolt lengths I ordered are based on the Steeda kit, which adds extra thickness to the OE bushes so they are longer than standard to allow for that.

The only thing I could suggest is to pull a standard bolt out and measure its length or tap up the parts department and see if they can tell you the lengths specific to your car.

Based on my car you will need washers. My standard bolts were flange head :

1670935972490.jpeg

And based on the bore being 17mm ish and the witness from the black crap :

1670936180028.jpeg

I guess the flange / washer diameter would be in the 32mm to 35mm range ?

Note that the washers need to be a thick one, I think the washers in the diff bush kits are 3mm thick but I can check and confirm that for you if we need to be accurate to the nearest mm :like:

Interestingly, accepting that the old bush / bolt design wasnā€™t the greatest and hoping that the newer designs are better, Iā€™m not sure either option or even upgraded options would have fixed the route cause of my particular problem.

Take a good look at the ā€˜goodā€™ side of my diff casing i.e. the side that didnā€™t break (but had already started to move) :

1670936463301.jpeg

To my eye that thread defo looks a bit wonky and I suspect that bad threads leading to incorrect torque and therefore incorrect joint clamping pressure is what caught me out.

The joint moved placing the OE bolts in shear which coupled with the questionable design, resulted in the bolt shearing off.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cheers. Iā€™ll do a bit of digging regarding the OE bolt lengths.
Sponsored