Sponsored

Noise after Lowering Springs install

ThatGuy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Good afternoon guys,

Yesterday I got my lowering springs installed and now I'm having some weird noise coming from the car. The best way to describe it is like a loud screeching noise almost like the sound a train makes while going down the tracks

I did my best to record a video and try to capture the sound, it can best be heard around the 0:53 mark. All the shops are closed today but just wanted to get some insight as to what this might be. Thanks for any help or advice.

Sponsored

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Brake rotor shield bent slightly and rubbing on the rotor. The fronts are very easy to deform when working in that area and will make that exact noise if they are rubbing. Just bend them away from the rotor until you have ~1/4" clearance

OP
OP

ThatGuy5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Brake rotor shield bent slightly and rubbing on the rotor. The fronts are very easy to deform when working in that area and will make that exact noise if they are rubbing. Just bend them away from the rotor until you have ~1/4" clearance
Thanks for the reply and help!! Was confused because the car drives even better now but was hearing that sound lol, glad it should be an easy repair
Sponsored