Rear Brembo Brake Kit

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
You seem to forget our cars have ABS. ABS controls the pressure at the rotor not the "bias valve". The rear brakes won't lock up prematurely because the ABS will release the pressure on them putting more pressure on the fronts at the same time.
That would still create some instability...ABS is a retroactive system.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Oh heyyo, that's me that FTB replied to...completely forgot about my account on SVTP.

I'm also curious as to the improvements of the rear GT350 brakes over the stock GT ones. It better be something significant for the 2k price tag.

Sorry they were comparing the fronts of the PP to GT350 rotors as a means to justify the rear change... I absolutely hear what you are saying though!

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 4.49.54 PM.png

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
You seem to forget our cars have ABS. ABS controls the pressure at the rotor not the "bias valve". The rear brakes won't lock up prematurely because the ABS will release the pressure on them putting more pressure on the fronts at the same time.
There are cars with ABS that also have a rear bias valve. A very common modification to the Taurus SHO was to remove the valves from the valve block (which were connected to a chain, which connected to the rear control arms) and replace them with block-off bolts. The bias valve changed bias based on compression of the rear end, so eliminating them helped with more consistent braking feel.

JR
Sponsored