Sponsored

really bad millage

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Hey man, I'm having the same kind of situation here. Except I had an exhaust leak lol. Anyways, I still have a bad mileage. I took it to Ford this morning and they said it was my EVAP solenoid. (I just ordered one on Amazon today). Here's the part if you need to replace it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080B3GW0/

Now, I've heard people saying the EVAP doesn't affect the fuel economy at all. Some other people and the stealership told me it does. One guy was having a really bad mileage on his car and when he changed that piece everything came back to normal.

Try to start your car and pop the hood. let it set for like a minute or 2 and give it a little gas. Wait for another minute or 2 and listen closely if you can hear like a pinging/knocking type of noise. (That what it does on mine). According to my stealership the EVAP is going crazy from time to time and just go open/close really quickly without vacuum. I don't know if that's the cause. I hope it is though. If you can, try to change yours and hopefully it'll be the same issue.

We have the same engine and you're AT as well. The only difference is that yours throw you codes with CEL and mine didn't. Go figure what happened there on mine... lol. I just really hope that piece will fix mine and I hope you can find yours fix as well. :cheers:
Sponsored

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
Hey man, I'm having the same kind of situation here. Except I had an exhaust leak lol. Anyways, I still have a bad mileage. I took it to Ford this morning and they said it was my EVAP solenoid. (I just ordered one on Amazon today). Here's the part if you need to replace it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080B3GW0/

Now, I've heard people saying the EVAP doesn't affect the fuel economy at all. Some other people and the stealership told me it does. One guy was having a really bad mileage on his car and when he changed that piece everything came back to normal.

Try to start your car and pop the hood. let it set for like a minute or 2 and give it a little gas. Wait for another minute or 2 and listen closely if you can hear like a pinging/knocking type of noise. (That what it does on mine). According to my stealership the EVAP is going crazy from time to time and just go open/close really quickly without vacuum. I don't know if that's the cause. I hope it is though. If you can, try to change yours and hopefully it'll be the same issue.

We have the same engine and you're AT as well. The only difference is that yours throw you codes with CEL and mine didn't. Go figure what happened there on mine... lol. I just really hope that piece will fix mine and I hope you can find yours fix as well. :cheers:

thanks alot brother , i think thats my problem too cause one of the error codes was about the solenoid p1450 , but then the dealer removed it .... dont ask me why... anyway when i connect the obd2 reader , i get some crazy reading about the evap presure , its solid but then here and then starts jumping all around , so that can be the cause u say ? and would u mind telling me ur mpg and when ur going to change the part ?
much appreciated

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I agree with StangATX, replace the EVAP solenoid. Cheap and very easy to replace.

Not on my mustang, but a previous car when this went bad the MPG dropped, had a fuel smell when starting, and would ran badly after getting gas.

The EVAP solenoid opens up at startup to draw in the gas fumes from the vapor canister. It's possible yours is stuck open or not working right.

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
I agree with StangATX, replace the EVAP solenoid. Cheap and very easy to replace.

Not on my mustang, but a previous car when this went bad the MPG dropped, had a fuel smell when starting, and would ran badly after getting gas.

The EVAP solenoid opens up at startup to draw in the gas fumes from the vapor canister. It's possible yours is stuck open or not working right.
thank you so much , in my previous post i had a screenshot that shows the pressure , should be - 0 or + ? normally when i start the car its on the pluse then it jumps between 0 and +65 out of no where or when i push the gas down , or what i realized i get better mpg if i drive hard ?! so it must be the solenoid right ? any idea where is it located ?

Last edited:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks alot brother , i think thats my problem too cause one of the error codes was about the solenoid p1450 , but then the dealer removed it .... dont ask me why... anyway when i connect the obd2 reader , i get some crazy reading about the evap presure , its solid but then here and then starts jumping all around , so that can be the cause u say ? and would u mind telling me ur mpg and when ur going to change the part ?
much appreciated
Check out the thread I opened about it: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97758

I should receive the part tomorrow. I disconnected my EVAP for now and I could tell the difference last night before my check engine light came up. This morning when I went to work I saw my mile to empty started to drop about 1mile every 1/4-1/2 mile but my fuel gauge didn't move. I assumed the computer was just going crazy lol. Then I saw my fuel gauge going down pretty quickly like I was missing gas and then less than a minute after my fuel gauge went backup. Right now I have 1 bar left and it says I have 100Mile to Empty lol. I think the computer is going crazy because I disconnected my sensor but usually I would get between 20mpg to top 24mpg (Really hard to get 24mpg) with cruise control at 70 MPH. Last night I was getting 28-30MPG with cruise control at 70MPH all the way back home!

Here's the EVAP part number: Motorcraft CX-2409
I bought it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080B3GW0

Video of the EVAP:

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
Check out the thread I opened about it: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97758

I should receive the part tomorrow. I disconnected my EVAP for now and I could tell the difference last night before my check engine light came up. This morning when I went to work I saw my mile to empty started to drop about 1mile every 1/4-1/2 mile but my fuel gauge didn't move. I assumed the computer was just going crazy lol. Then I saw my fuel gauge going down pretty quickly like I was missing gas and then less than a minute after my fuel gauge went backup. Right now I have 1 bar left and it says I have 100Mile to Empty lol. I think the computer is going crazy because I disconnected my sensor but usually I would get between 20mpg to top 24mpg (Really hard to get 24mpg) with cruise control at 70 MPH. Last night I was getting 28-30MPG with cruise control at 70MPH all the way back home!

Here's the EVAP part number: Motorcraft CX-2409
I bought it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080B3GW0

Video of the EVAP:

thanks alot buddy i will check it out tmrw , would you please write me back if it goes up after changing it ?

also i got the drop after my engine light due to the p1450 code which seems to be due to this thing , also i get better mpg if i drive fast maybe that create vacume i dont know , so let me know if it works then ill change mine and reporte it back here , thanks for the head up btw that was driving me crazy that i droped from 24 to 10 sometimes 9.8 out of no where and dealer say this car has power so it uses alot , wtf :D

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks alot buddy i will check it out tmrw , would you please write me back if it goes up after changing it ?

also i got the drop after my engine light due to the p1450 code which seems to be due to this thing , also i get better mpg if i drive fast maybe that create vacume i dont know , so let me know if it works then ill change mine and reporte it back here , thanks for the head up btw that was driving me crazy that i droped from 24 to 10 sometimes 9.8 out of no where and dealer say this car has power so it uses alot , wtf :D
LMFAO the stealership here told me the same until I was able to make them hear the knocking sound. Then, they started to wonder if it really affected my MPG lol. Mine did the same thing! Out of nowhere the MPG dropped and It smell like raw fuel. I thought my cats were shot :eyebulge: I'll keep you posted whenever I'll replace it. I'll try to make a little video if I can on how I did it. :cheers:

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
LMFAO the stealership here told me the same until I was able to make them hear the knocking sound. Then, they started to wonder if it really affected my MPG lol. Mine did the same thing! Out of nowhere the MPG dropped and It smell like raw fuel. I thought my cats were shot :eyebulge: I'll keep you posted whenever I'll replace it. I'll try to make a little video if I can on how I did it. :cheers:
yeah mine smells raw fuel too when i start it up like someone poured gas on the floor or something , i will check mine visually today and let u know if thats the problem , i think it is , thanks alot man

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah mine smells raw fuel too when i start it up like someone poured gas on the floor or something , i will check mine visually today and let u know if thats the problem , i think it is , thanks alot man
No problem keep me posted! I just filled up my tank tonight and It's really cold outside (1C) so it doesn't really have any vapor yet. I went home and my MPG was like before. I even drove it in Sport and floored it a few time and my gas didn't move. I'm sure it's the EVAP system:hail:

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
No problem keep me posted! I just filled up my tank tonight and It's really cold outside (1C) so it doesn't really have any vapor yet. I went home and my MPG was like before. I even drove it in Sport and floored it a few time and my gas didn't move. I'm sure it's the EVAP system:hail:
i just checked mine sounds exactly like urs

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just checked mine sounds exactly like urs
Well, the new EVAP fixed my issue so far... I'll keep an eye on it this weekend! Maybe take a look at a new replacement. It took me less than 5 mins to do the swap! the bolts are 8mm :thumbsup:

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
Well, the new EVAP fixed my issue so far... I'll keep an eye on it this weekend! Maybe take a look at a new replacement. It took me less than 5 mins to do the swap! the bolts are 8mm :thumbsup:
great to hear that buddy

so your mpg went up ? by how much ?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
great to hear that buddy

so your mpg went up ? by how much ?
I was doing an average of 20mpg on highway at 70mph on Cruse. Now I'm at 29-31 sometimes 28.X if the road is a little inclined. I also see it by my fuel gauge. It's not going down like crazy anymore lol. Before it felt like I had a V8 and always flooring it until I run out of gas lmao.

PS: In City I get between 23-25mpg.

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
I was doing an average of 20mpg on highway at 70mph on Cruse. Now I'm at 29-31 sometimes 28.X if the road is a little inclined. I also see it by my fuel gauge. It's not going down like crazy anymore lol. Before it felt like I had a V8 and always flooring it until I run out of gas lmao.

PS: In City I get between 23-25mpg.
wow , thanks alot for this news i hope mine goes up from 10mpg in city to 24 or so i never let the rpm pass the 2000 but still geting 10 , i will let you know as soon as i changed it

thanks alot again :cheers:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep us posted!
Sponsored