"Bad" Lifters?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Cool!!! Thank you for the follow up! Looking forward to seeing this video when possible. I'm really glad to hear that. Unrelated, but is it crazy I've spent time before going through car reviews on youtube of our cars... trying to see if I can hear the 2k rattle? I hear it sometimes, hahaha.
Pretty much every car has the 2k rattle to some extent
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think basically all cars have the 2K rattle... if you listen for it, that is :D. You can't really hear it unless radio is off, and exhaust is in quiet mode, so not a big deal to me. But still would like to know what exactly is causing it. I suspect the (HP) fuel pump, since it's driven by the engine, but who knows.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Cool!!! Thank you for the follow up! Looking forward to seeing this video when possible. I'm really glad to hear that. Unrelated, but is it crazy I've spent time before going through car reviews on youtube of our cars... trying to see if I can hear the 2k rattle? I hear it sometimes, hahaha.

OP
OP
bschoon55

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
I can hear some similarities.... I think yours does sound a little cleaner than mine. I feel like mine has more of a rattle sound to it when it winds up, compared to yours. I'm not sure how to feel lol.

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hey Everyone,

I have a 2018 GT PP1, with only 12k miles on it. I bought it used with 7k miles on it about a year ago. My car has a lot of the "normal" characteristics of a Coyote V8 of this generation. I have a mild BBQ tick and I also have the 2k rattle. Other than that, to me it runs really well and is honestly the thrill of a life time.

I was at a gas station filling up last night.... A very nice gentlemen pulls up beside my car... He's driving probably about a 2005 Shelby GT 350. He told me, he heard me pull up into the gas station and said my cars lifters are going bad. He said he could tell by the pops and burbles the car was making in 1st gear at about 10 mph or less.

He said the same thing happened to his car a million years ago and Ford replaced the entire engine. He said if I leave it like it is, the motor will eventually fail.

I have basically stock everything on this car except the wheels. The motor runs smooth other than the before mentioned "normal" noises. It never has any weird shakes or hesitations... it's just smooth. The stock exhaust has normal little pops and burbles in 1st gear off throttle coasting at low speeds.... At least mine always has.

I realize this is probably one of the most stupid and most uninformed posts this forum has ever seen, but I have no idea what the heck happened in my gas station visit.

What do you guys think of this whole thing?

Thank you for reading.
It's been my experience over the past 50 years that when a motor is running really strong and makes no strange noises it's probably gonna blow up. Just go ahead and enjoy your great new car there's probably nothing wrong with it have fun

OP
OP
bschoon55

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
It's been my experience over the past 50 years that when a motor is running really strong and makes no strange noises it's probably gonna blow up. Just go ahead and enjoy your great new car there's probably nothing wrong with it have fun
Car is long gone now, someone might be enjoying it somewhere!
Sponsored