Sponsored

Rattle/grind low rpm(700-1000) 1st and 2nd engaged

jofivepointoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP
Okay I heard this rattle/grind noise coming from my brand new 2016 GT PP, I release the clutch and am in first when I hear it coming from what seems like the transmission. I can drive in first from whenever it catches up to about 6-7 mph and just give it gas it will make the rattle/grind noise all day in that range of RPM or MPH between first and 2nd(loudest in 2nd gear) If I start off in 2nd gear it sounds like a bag of rocks in my transmission grinding around). It only happens when the car warms up after 10 to 15 miles of driving. I do not hear it on cold start or driving while it sat all night. It is currently at Ford, at first they said it was the backing plate rubbing the rotor. I brought it back and they confirmed they heard it. I called the dealer and the tech thinks it's the clutch and is waiting on approval from ford. Btw I heard this noise when the car had 60 miles on it! Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Silver5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Black A300 PP
Hmm, I've got something similar going on. On my 2015 GT PP, down shifting when preparing to stop, I get some kind of clanging sound from, I'm guessing, the transmission area. Usually, it can easily be heard if there is a high curb or k-rail that I'm next to while downshifting. Something to reflect the sound back to me. Otherwise, I hardly hear it AND it doesn't do it all of the time. The car runs/shifts fine but I think I may need to take mine to the dealership too.

OP
OP

jofivepointoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP
Pretty sure that is normal for Ford Manual transmissions. My 05 did it an my 15 too.

Oh wow.

Well...

UPDATE:

I called the dealership today and the service writer told me that it was the clutch and they are waiting on the new clutch to get there. Let's see if this fixes the problem.

Catax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Oh wow.

Well...

UPDATE:

I called the dealership today and the service writer told me that it was the clutch and they are waiting on the new clutch to get there. Let's see if this fixes the problem.
I also have the "bag of rocks" grinding noise, especially in 2nd gear at lower rpm ranges. The techs said "it's normal? :shrug: Well I really do hope it's normal and nothing bad happens. Do you have an update to your situation? Did they change anything out, and did you get the noise to go away?
Sponsored