Sponsored

Rationale for choosing Ecoboost HPP over GT?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I guess I'd be as mad as you and always have to talk shit and throw personal insults every post if all I had was an ecoboost Mustang too
A little self-awareness, please?
Sponsored

fredsmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible
Hey I'm keeping it car related you're the one who said to GFYM
All this talk from you about the terrible ecoboost, yet you own an ecoboost Expedition! LOL

I would NEVER drive an SUV that doesn't have a V8. That's so gross. It's not a real SUV unless it has a V8.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
That was a response to your first little rant. Honestly, who the f--k do you think are to tell people what car they should or should not drive?

I get you have personal opinions. I have no issue with whatever car you want. In fact, I think your car is a very cool car and I congratulate you for it. Then you come back at me being a d!ck because you don't like the engine package I chose and I'm somehow less of a human because my car, which is almost exactly the fu----ng same as yours, has fewer spark plugs?

You earned the response you received.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I guess I'd be as mad as you and always have to talk shit and throw personal insults every post if all I had was an ecoboost Mustang too
here's the thing, chuckles, it seems you are in need of some perspective so in an effort to giv eyou some I'm going to educate you. And according to your own shitty excuse for logic since I'm a V8 owner you gotta listen. I'm not just a V8 owner, though. I'm a former cobra owner and current performance pack owner. so two notches on my belt above your meager entry level V8 mustang offering.

Pictures are worth a thousand words so here's something for you to chew on:
1683731178947.png

see that? its one of the best mustangs of all time. Guess what it is? stick shift 2.3L turbo 4 cylinder. woopsies, there goes your bullshit argument.

so, maybe quit assuming people are just envious of your entry level sports car quit giving people shit for digging what they like. th HPP is a fantastic car. I almost bought one and if it had dual injectors like the V8 I probably would have.

Sponsored

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
here's the thing, chuckles, it seems you are in need of some perspective so in an effort to giv eyou some I'm going to educate you. And according to your own shitty excuse for logic since I'm a V8 owner you gotta listen. I'm not just a V8 owner, though. I'm a former cobra owner and current performance pack owner. so two notches on my belt above your meager entry level V8 mustang offering.

Pictures are worth a thousand words so here's something for you to chew on:
1683731178947.png

see that? its one of the best mustangs of all time. Guess what it is? stick shift 2.3L turbo 4 cylinder. woopsies, there goes your bullshit argument.

so, maybe quit assuming people are just envious of your entry level sports car quit giving people shit for digging what they like. th HPP is a fantastic car. I almost bought one and if it had dual injectors like the V8 I probably would have.
Purely opinion....best is subjective.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That was a response to your first little rant. Honestly, who the f--k do you think are to tell people what car they should or should not drive?

I get you have personal opinions. I have no issue with whatever car you want. In fact, I think your car is a very cool car and I congratulate you for it. Then you come back at me being a d!ck because you don't like the engine package I chose and I'm somehow less of a human because my car, which is almost exactly the fu----ng same as yours, has fewer spark plugs?

You earned the response you received.
The OP was asking which car to buy. Or asking US to tell him what car to drive.

I love it when people ASK for opinions, then get mad because they don't like the opinions they get.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Purely opinion....best is subjective.
He said, "one of...," and he's correct. I was balls deep into Mustangs when they came out and this one had a lot of things the GT didn't, including fuel injection and 5-lug/4-wheel disks. In cool weather, it was just as powerful as the carbed V8 and at less than 3000#, it always handled better.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
How does Chevy do it with the corvette then by not selling super cheap models?
First, Corvette is a halo model, so they don't really care about profitably. GM makes their money on SUV's. Second, they have the pushrod V8 and the Z06 OHC V8. In pretty short order, they're going to release a variant of the Z06 engine that will make EVERYTHING look weak.

LS engines are _cheap_. You've answered your own question. Corvette DOES make an inexpensive entry-level version that punches well above its weight.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
The OP was asking which car to buy...I love it when people ASK for opinions, then get mad because they don't like the opinions they get.
I don't even know if the OP is still around. I'm fine with anyone's opinion, but keep it reasonable. Attacking an entire group of people because of engine choice is juvenile and ignorant. So, ya, he gets called out.

A SRF isn't a real racecar. You've got to have at least an LMP3. What do you think you're even doing without a V8?

Sponsored

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
He said, "one of...," and he's correct. I was balls deep into Mustangs when they came out and this one had a lot of things the GT didn't, including fuel injection and 5-lug/4-wheel disks. In cool weather, it was just as powerful as the carbed V8 and at less than 3000#, it always handled better.
Still 100% purely opinion, because he said of all time.... :wink:

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
do you think the SVO was ordinary or one of the worst mustangs of all time?

because those are the other options. I'd bet nobody anywhere actually believes that.

anyone who wants to hate on that car doesn't know shit about mustang history.

furthermore, the straight six mustang was the original so pretending like the beloved V8 is the only pureblood pony car is not only dumb it demonstrates a gross ignorance of the subject matter.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
In 1986 when the best SVO was made, it would have been one of, if not _the_, fastest production Ford Mustang of all time around a road course race track. What produced in the previous 20+ years would have beaten it? The Boss 302 was a great engine, but it was heavy with a bad suspension and the tires and brakes sucked. The GT V8's of that era were rated at the same power and were on 10" discs and rear drums. The SVO was 11" front and disc rear. It was lighter, had a better weight distribution and bigger tires. The SVO also had an electrically adjustable suspension.

The reason the SVO didn't last is because it was expensive. The main crowd was happy with the torquey V8 and mediocre everything else. The SVO was not the most loved, but it was the high end. There were also plenty of 4 and 6 cylinder cars being made at the same time.

So, is it an opinion? Of course. Is it an opinion which can be easily supported? Yes, it is.

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
đź‘Ś

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name