AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Angel: I have a '14 in Race Red with white stripes but this time, I wanted Rapid Red. Then, the big question, what color stripes? White was way ahead in the beginning but, the more photos of the car with black stripes I saw, he more I began to lean in that direction.

Obviously, this is a completely subjective thing and everyone will have their favorite color combos but for sure, white on Rapid Red will be HOT! Very much looking forward to photos of her down the road.

Hang in there...
I looked at the different color stripes. I was weighing the black stripes also, but then I realized they get lost on the color, and again I know everyone has a preference and no answer is wrong, but to me stripes should stand out not blend in, maybe part of my thinking is due to my '16 Cali Special, Deep impact blue with black stripes on the hood and doors, really couldn't see them at all unless you were up-close and personal.

The reveal car (lowered from the ceiling) was Red Hot Metallic.
Later they changed the name to Rapid Red.
It is the same color, just a different name.
I believe it is the same red. I think it was originally gonna be called Red Hot Metallic. That’s my understanding anyway.:sunglasses:
Same color different names, Red Carpet & Lucid Red
Well if thats the case then Glad to hear it, but it seems the correct name is Rapid Red Metallic Tint which is showing up on things instead of just Rapid Red. I guess the lighting in the reveal made it look different to me, but either way much more preferred then Race Red, Race Red to me seems to light and no depth, but hey everyone likes what they like :)
Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I think the original name was Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.

(But I could have sworn that the reveal car was Race Red.)
Reveal car was Red Hot Metallic. (Rapid Red)

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I looked at the different color stripes. I was weighing the black stripes also, but then I realized they get lost on the color, and again I know everyone has a preference and no answer is wrong, but to me stripes should stand out not blend in, maybe part of my thinking is due to my '16 Cali Special, Deep impact blue with black stripes on the hood and doors, really couldn't see them at all unless you were up-close and personal.

Well if thats the case then Glad to hear it, but it seems the correct name is Rapid Red Metallic Tint which is showing up on things instead of just Rapid Red. I guess the lighting in the reveal made it look different to me, but either way much more preferred then Race Red, Race Red to me seems to light and no depth, but hey everyone likes what they like :)
Race Red looks very good in person.
I still prefer the Rapid Red Metallic though.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I think the original name was Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.

(But I could have sworn that the reveal car was Race Red.)
It still is its full name.

Race Red looks very good in person.
I still prefer the Rapid Red Metallic though.
No doubt I'm sure it does, but my preference has always been a darker red with hints of black depending on the angle of light. One of the reason I chose deep impact blue on my '16 because depending on the way the light hit it, the color would change a bit.