Sponsored

Rant time...what's the worst thing about your Mustang?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Believe it or not my '08 Corvette was rattle free - but then again I'm pretty much deaf so I guess that may be a why. If the rattles are a big issue just turn up the stereo lol.
Welllll.....every vehicle I've ever owned rattled. Most from new. Granted, I have pin-drop hearing, so I get to really experience the annoyance.

I think if you buy a sports car, with stiffer suspension and lower profile tires, you damn well better expect the rattles and squeaks. That's just part of the deal. And of course, the roads you drive on are a huge factor. A rattle-trap vehicle goes silent on smooth roads, and a previously silent car turns into a rattle-trap on rough roads.
Sponsored

ToddUGA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
I did that about a month ago. Hardest part was drilling into the panel; I must have triple-checked the location 20 times before I could pull the trigger. But it turned out great.
CJ Pony has a good youtube video for how to install them. There are other videos, but CJP was the most helpful to me.
Just finished the driver's side and apart from that hard to reach screw it was fairly easy. The other side hasn't broken yet so I'm gonna wait to do that side.

IMG_0192.jpg

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing that annoys me is the half shafts popping noises at initial take off after backing out of parking. I've removed the nut, added loctite, and torqued to spec and a few thousand miles later it starts popping again. I'm surprised Ford didn't add a castle nut with a pin to hold it from backing up. Any of you guys have this problem? If so, how did you fix it? I have about 80K miles on the car right now.
Rear wheel bearings. Search it here. It's pretty common. Some replaced under warranty, but you can buy brand new Timken bearing / hub assemblies pretty cheap and they are straight forward to replace.

Bullitt670

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2004 F350
My right foot! Its costing me a lot of money but I love it!

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I replaced the rear passenger wheel bearing about a year ago. When I replaced it with a Timken bearing it was definitely shot, you could feel the play in the wheel. Haven't had time to check it again, hopefully this weekend I will be home to take it out of the garage and check my axles.

Rear wheel bearings. Search it here. It's pretty common. Some replaced under warranty, but you can buy brand new Timken bearing / hub assemblies pretty cheap and they are straight forward to replace.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just finished the driver's side and apart from that hard to reach screw it was fairly easy. The other side hasn't broken yet so I'm gonna wait to do that side.

IMG_0192.jpg
Nice. Improvement over the factory design __and__ I like functional engineering that looks cool (which that does).

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The queer looking stock shifter in the A10 cars, but that is an easy fix and I'm going to have mine swapped out. Such an ugly, ugly design in my opinion.
The side view mirrors seem a little small to me, but then again, I daily drive a Ram truck and only drive the Mustang once in a great while. So, that might be a mute point. lol
That's all I can think of at the moment. Not enough seat time yet I guess.

03sport007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt
The queer looking stock shifter in the A10 cars, but that is an easy fix and I'm going to have mine swapped out. Such an ugly, ugly design in my opinion.
The side view mirrors seem a little small to me, but then again, I daily drive a Ram truck and only drive the Mustang once in a great while. So, that might be a mute point. lol
That's all I can think of at the moment. Not enough seat time yet I guess.

I agree on the stock shifter. What are you changing it with?

Robracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost with performance package
I did not read all he post, but I have never head so much bitching about a car, people this is a Ford its not a high end Porsche or BMW ect. a lot of cars have not had a spare tires for a long time witch started around beginning of the 2000's Corvette/ BMW to name a few and if you think about it when was the last time you had a flat, Hood rod what the big deal? I hate hood shocks ever worked under the hood an did not know hood shocks are worn out and a strong wind blows your hood on your head. Rattles yes it has rattles too much plastic, my last job was a service manager of a after market German repair shop and those cars can cost twice much has your Mustang and guess what they have rattles also, I would tell my customs I can take your car apart for rattles and charge you enormous amount of money but I can't guarantee I can fix it and It could be worst. I told them the cheapest way to fix it was to turn the radio up and live with it. It all boils down to they don't make cars like they used too and I'm talking plastics started around 1965. but it was cheaper and it weighs a lot less. has far as traction control goes you are a fool not to leave it on when driving and especially in the rain now snow and ice is a different matter in the south we just don't drive in it, The only time to turn it off is at track time and if the track is wet turn back on
The perfect car does not exist for every one but if you had a car built to your specs with every thing you wanted and liked it would cost a lot and also weigh a lot.
THE ONLY THING i DON'T LIKE ABOUT MY MUSTANG IS THE ECOBOOST ENGINE COULD BLOW AT ANY TIME, what i like about is that its a great bang for the buck even with rattles and hood bar ect, .

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I did not read all he post, but I have never head so much bitching about a car,
Then you probably missed that many of the posts are jokes.

Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
The GT shift handle is way better looking than what the 2020 GT 500 has IMO.

I was wondering what you were going to swap it out with?
A pistol grip could look cool but that was retro to Plymouth's I think.
I hope Ford doesn't go with the dial on all the Mustang automatics.

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
Worst thing about my Mustang: It's parked and I'm not driving it.

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Last edited:

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Thanks for the link, Jim. I do like the looks of the ball sorta manual, and the weight would give it a nice action.

"uncircumcised prick"....looking at the first pic. I'm thinking where's his mind?

Idle-Hands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Flipping traction control switch while in track mode. The message box says traction control turned on but the icon still says it's off. What state is traction control actually in?
Sponsored