Sponsored

Random question for those that have seen the GT350 in person

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I currently have a 15 GT PP, and am definitely in no hurry to upgrade. I may do it at some point in the future, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of dealer markups, etc, right now. One thing I love about my 15 is the premier trim interior, and I was curious if the GT350 has any of those pieces. I know the dash "brows" are the standard version, but what about the center console and upper door panels? I don't suppose it would stop me from owning a GT350 down the line, but part of me is hoping they may make the premier trim stuff standard later. How about the leather seats in the GT350--are they the standard leather, or the premier trim leather? I don't think I've seen any good pics of the leather seats to be able to tell.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
We also have a '15 GT/PP. I have been told the Shelby does not feature the soft upper door panels of the "premier trim" like out GT has. It does have a different "Alcantara" insert in the panel and a "muted" door pull and door handle.

I would have thought the Shelby would have this trim. I would have been mistaken.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The GT350 has the flat plane crank trim pieces. :)
Yeah, I agree-to an extent... I can definitely live with the "base" interior trim pieces, but I personally feel that most of the "premier" trim should be standard on a $50,000 car--no matter how fast or capable it is. Considering the option on a GT is $400 or so, I can't imagine it would cost a whole lot for Ford to put that stuff in, especially the upper door panels. The hard panels just feel so cheap, IMO. I'd rather pay $400 and have that stuff included. Just my two cents...

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
Yeah, I agree-to an extent... I can definitely live with the "base" interior trim pieces, but I personally feel that most of the "premier" trim should be standard on a $50,000 car--no matter how fast or capable it is. Considering the option on a GT is $400 or so, I can't imagine it would cost a whole lot for Ford to put that stuff in, especially the upper door panels. The hard panels just feel so cheap, IMO. I'd rather pay $400 and have that stuff included. Just my two cents...
I'd rather not have the weight of all the soft touch this and that. But I agree it should be an option or included with tech pack since that one already leans toward the daily driver mindset.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
Driving the car on the track at Sebring Monday, I can't even say I noticed that this was "missing".

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Driving the car on the track at Sebring Monday, I can't even say I noticed that this was "missing".
Agree. If the premium leather and premier door trim etc. was a priority or a high requirement for me, then the GT350 is the wrong car for me. ;)

Seriously though... once you sit in and drive the car, none of that matters. Grab that wheel and have a blast! :thumbsup:

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I was at Sebring Monday, I took pictures, I sat in car, adjusted seat and steering, felt very
comfortable. I never once looked at trim levels, later when I drove it none of it was even a thought. Now As I type this after driving car, I could care less. This has all it needs where it matters most :)

If these things are important to you, I suggest Aston Martin or maybe Audi R-8 :)

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I like how all the chrome trim has been dulled for track use

I drive a stripper 6MT brembo GT now, so not much for me to say about interior trim ;)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Then I would say this probably isn't the car for you.

This car is actually UNDERVALUED for what you get. He interior is Spartan as it is a true track car. The metal inserts and appliqués are not highly polished or chromed out due to lessen the effect of glare.

The seats, in the R and the TP, are street-race car seats. They are meant to work, not to show.

To make a long story short, this is a track man's package. If you want bells n whistles in a $50K+ vehicle with similar or less performance, go get a C7 with the appointments you want.

I for one am glad Ford went spartan in this car... More luxurious appointments usually means more weight. Count me out.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I, for one, see the lack of chrome to be a GOOD THING. Nearly every time I see chrome on a car, I want to remove it. This kind of blacked-out look is exactly what I want, track car or not.

pa93cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Guard Mustang
Then I would say this probably isn't the car for you.

This car is actually UNDERVALUED for what you get. He interior is Spartan as it is a true track car. The metal inserts and appliqués are not highly polished or chromed out due to lessen the effect of glare.

The seats, in the R and the TP, are street-race car seats. They are meant to work, not to show.

To make a long story short, this is a track man's package. If you want bells n whistles in a $50K+ vehicle with similar or less performance, go get a C7 with the appointments you want.

I for one am glad Ford went spartan in this car... More luxurious appointments usually means more weight. Count me out.
I agree with Drumreaper that the initial intent of the car is find its way onto the track as often as possible and accent inserts will only add distraction for the driver. At the GT350 event, Jim and the rest of the crew from Ford made it clear Carroll Shelby wanted these cars to live on tracks, not in a bubble in a garage.

Saying that, if enough people provide feedback to Ford stating they want accents to go with their technology package, they might consider it for the 2017 model to please the casual driver.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I thought offering the car only with a manual transmission was a clear indication there wouldn't be anything "plush" about the car. My advice is to stop skippin leg day and order a GT350 if you can.
Sponsored