Sponsored

Random question for those that have seen the GT350 in person

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I thought offering the car only with a manual transmission was a clear indication there wouldn't be anything "plush" about the car. My advice is to stop skippin leg day and order a GT350 if you can.
That won't be necessary. The clutch in the GT350 is very light, lighter than my Boss 302. I'll need more time than just a couple laps to get more comfortable with how light it was.
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
Before driving the car at Road America, I spent a long time inspecting one of the GT 350s on display and found nothing lacking as far as interior finish was concerned. (I prefer things clean, simple and functional.) In fact, I'm happy not having to pay for unnecessary weight and luxury on a performance car - and once I hit the track, it was clear that the only thing that mattered was functionality. When I was diving into Turn 12 at 120, the plushness of the door panels never came to mind.

However, I wouldn't object if Ford offered a high-level interior option (like the 3LT in the C7) in the future for people who want a luxury cruiser - but I'd never check that box on the order form.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Agree. If the premium leather and premier door trim etc. was a priority or a high requirement for me, then the GT350 is the wrong car for me. ;)

Seriously though... once you sit in and drive the car, none of that matters. Grab that wheel and have a blast! :thumbsup:

22162838125_cf6bbfaf59_b.jpg
Luxury is obviously not a priority for a proper race car, but i've got to say that steering wheel looks like it came out of a top German race car - beautiful alcantara stitching. Nice bonus.

I don't even know what interior trim pieces OP is referring to and with this purchase it's not even something I think about.

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT Premium, 2015 GT Premium 50th Ann. Edition
So all in all, the GT350 is missing the interior lights, chrome accents and I am assuming that slick pony projector in the mirror :-( What else is it missing inside compared to the GT PP? I know I know...it's racing not luxury. I want the best of both worlds for a car above 50k, but in the MUSTANG line. I know the engine :-) but the 5.0 dress down and strut tower brace does look a lot better than the appearance under the hood here. Ouch! You are all going to fire at me now. Haha. At least we have selectable hill assist :-)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Im not sure what MSRP has to do with anything. Tell that to teh folks with the GT4 and GT3 RS and pay more for less

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
So all in all, the GT350 is missing the interior lights, chrome accents and I am assuming that slick pony projector in the mirror :-( What else is it missing inside compared to the GT PP?
My perspective is just the opposite: The GT 350 is missing nothing, and the GT PP just has a bunch of nonessential and nonfunctional jewelry added to move it (and its price) upmarket. :thumbsup:

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
So all in all, the GT350 is missing the interior lights, chrome accents and I am assuming that slick pony projector in the mirror :-( What else is it missing inside compared to the GT PP? I know I know...it's racing not luxury. I want the best of both worlds for a car above 50k, but in the MUSTANG line. I know the engine :-) but the 5.0 dress down and strut tower brace does look a lot better than the appearance under the hood here. Ouch! You are all going to fire at me now. Haha. At least we have selectable hill assist :-)
opening salvo... are you seriously knocking the 350 because is doesn't have a plastic engine cover? :crazy:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
lol and upset there isnt a chintsy pony puddle light??

You say missing, I say tastefully omitted. This is a track beast, not a pep boys parking lot car show queen

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
opening salvo... are you seriously knocking the 350 because is doesn't have a plastic engine cover? :crazy:
No I am not knocking it. I am just trying to appease the original poster of this topic by pointing out things that are different. It's all a matter of taste. You have to be respectful of that. It's like liking a movie that you may not like. I respect your opinion. For me, I'm buying this car because it's a Shelby and very limited as I want a garage queen. I have no desire EVER to take it to the track and she will always be warm and cared for throughout the rest of my life. I'm also a tech junkie so I am pointing out where I am sad (as I am purchasing the tech package) about options not on here but are on the 20K less GT, which I think is a hell of a deal for all the bells and whistles you are given (minus not having the 5.2 that is). So I am making a list of differences. As long as we are on this topic though, the one thing that does make me very nervous is the magnetic suspension the GT350 will have. I am just very worried about its functionality and will it hold up or have problems. I dunno.

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
lol and upset there isnt a chintsy pony puddle light??

You say missing, I say tastefully omitted. This is a track beast, not a pep boys parking lot car show queen
Again this is a matter of opinion. Please be respectful of that. I am not bashing you because all you want to do is take it to the track and I do not.

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Thank god! All those features you just mentioned are why I would never purchase most Mustangs! Cheesy garbage.

Slick pony projector?? Really? :barf:

Last edited:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Fellas dudes dudettes etc... engine cover?? Go buy a Lexus instead FCOL! :D

This is all business... no heat retaining covers please! :paddle:
image.jpg

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Again this is a matter of opinion. Please be respectful of that. I am not bashing you because all you want to do is take it to the track and I do not.
Totally fine that you don't intend to take it to the track, but you are buying a car that was designed, built, and marketed as a track beast. So regardless of the purchase price, it should not come as a surprise that no-value add accessories and do-dads wont find their way onto the car (much to the relief of most).

There is the GT premium PP car for those that want performance and all the frills.

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
Totally fine that you don't intend to take it to the track, but you are buying a car that was designed, built, and marketed as a track beast. So regardless of the purchase price, it should not come as a surprise that no-value add accessories and do-dads wont find their way onto the car (much to the relief of most).

There is the GT premium PP car for those that want performance and all the frills.
I'm sorry. It does come as a surprise to me that some of the basics of tech in the GT are not in this. Up until this point in life I never had the money to purchase something of this caliber so I am a newbie in all of this. You guys are educating me. Thank you!

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Don't be hard on blu... he does make a valid point in regards to some of the basic techs.

Think of the simple tech features the '13 Boss 302 got that the '12 Boss 302 didn't... what irked me with mine is lack of USB and BT on the '12's.
Sponsored