Sponsored

Racing simulators

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have the Asus Model: G11CD-B13 which is compatible for VR. As the prices come down I would like to invest in this technology.
VR is immersive, but how do you guys feel about the resolution? I find I struggle even with familiar cars and tracks (Miata, etc on a track like Laguna Seca). I feel like it's both the resolution and the lack of dynamic range that is affecting me the most. But I'm also running Riftcat on Gear VR so that may be part of the problem, but I expect PPI to be the same...
Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have a Playseat and thrustmaster TX wheel and love it. The Forza series with this setup is just a ton of fun. And yes I have a few custom GT350R's in my lineup.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
VR is immersive, but how do you guys feel about the resolution? I find I struggle even with familiar cars and tracks (Miata, etc on a track like Laguna Seca). I feel like it's both the resolution and the lack of dynamic range that is affecting me the most. But I'm also running Riftcat on Gear VR so that may be part of the problem, but I expect PPI to be the same...
I'm running a Rift DK2... It's acceptable enough. I don't want to try a newer Rift because I have to upgrade some elements of my PC and I don't want to know how much better the new stuff is, haha

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
well the rift is 1200 per eye vs your phone with riftcat res divided by 2 eyes.

the screen door effect benefits from setting the dx11 ini file to 2 for the rift to double render. it is a lot better versus 1 or what you're even using.

I'm running a Rift DK2... It's acceptable enough. I don't want to try a newer Rift because I have to upgrade some elements of my PC and I don't want to know how much better the new stuff is, haha
if you can run dk2. you'll be fine with cv1. don't let oculus fool you. their minimum and required specs are lies. they say I can't even do VR with a 2600k at 4.6ghz when it's a 6 year old processor that the 7700k can barely beat overclocked.
Sponsored