DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
lol those wipers man...I know the feeling. congrats on the improvement
lol, frustrating right?!?! Thanks man, appreciate it.
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
07/24/20: Went back to Sonoma Raceway with Hooked on Driving and had a blast!
...and got another Personal Best!
Nice one for the new PB. Just to put it in perspective last weekend was GT4 on Sonoma Raceway:

Ford Mustang GT4 1:46.231

It's interesting how fast the Mustang GT4 is though.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Nice one for the new PB. Just to put it in perspective last weekend was GT4 on Sonoma Raceway:

Ford Mustang GT4 1:46.231

It's interesting how fast the Mustang GT4 is though.
For sure, The GT4 is an amazing machine and in the hands of a seasoned pro you definitely get world-class performance.

I went to go watch a little bit of the GT series practice at the track and the sights and sounds were insane. Love that series.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For sure, The GT4 is an amazing machine and in the hands of a seasoned pro you definitely get world-class performance.

I went to go watch a little bit of the GT series practice at the track and the sights and sounds were insane. Love that series.
I just put it as comparison because I always wander what the time difference between a premed GT and a GT4 is.

On the other hand watched your laps the car sits amazing in corners but looks like you are lacking power as the Cayman is getting you on the straights.

You still on the Steeda Pro-Actions+Dual Rate springs combo ? If so it's amazing how good this are for track driving considering the price.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I just put it as comparison because I always wander what the time difference between a premed GT and a GT4 is.

On the other hand watched your laps the car sits amazing in corners but looks like you are lacking power as the Cayman is getting you on the straights.

You still on the Steeda Pro-Actions+Dual Rate springs combo ? If so it's amazing how good this are for track driving considering the price.
Thanks for watching! Yeah, that Cayman GT4 was a fully spec'd racecar at that point. There were several porsche race teams/club racers there all weekend.
The driver was pretty good and the car itself is about ~875 lbs lighter than my car (depending on fuel load). He easily took that Viper later on but I had to
work on the Viper for a while to wear him down. Another advantage of the Cayman is that he can put power down way more efficiently (quicker) than I due
to it's weight and weight distribution. I have to gently lean into the power at corner exit in most cases. If I dont you get the picture below lol.

Yes, I still run the Steeda Dual Rate's with Pro Action's. You're right about the performance vs cost. When I first put them on I took a MASSIVE
chunk of time off my personal best at Thunderhill 2 mile.

Here's an overview of my day at Sonoma. What I didn't mention in the video is that I was running all day on a bent wheel. The vibration was insane on the straights.

Here is the whole session with the battle with the GT4 and the Viper. I also uploaded all the sessions to my youtube channel.

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I still run the Steeda Dual Rate's with Pro Action's. You're right about the performance vs cost. When I first put them on I took a MASSIVE
chunk of time off my personal best at Thunderhill 2 mile.
Do you feel like you need more spring with this setup ? As I'm planing to go straight to Ohlins R&T but they are like 2 times more expensive than your setup.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Do you feel like you need more spring with this setup ? As I'm planning to go straight to Ohlins R&T but they are like 2 times more expensive than your setup.
I have no issues with the springset, I think it compliments the car and my driving style well.

For reference, I have the dampeners and sway bars on full soft and it feels good.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have no issues with the springset, I think it compliments the car and my driving style well.

For reference, I have the dampeners and sway bars on full soft and it feels good.
this video is on full soft ? That's amazing. As it looks like that you don't have any body roll or brake dive. My next goal with the car is to reduce body roll as much as possible.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
this video is on full soft ? That's amazing. As it looks like that you don't have any body roll or brake dive. My next goal with the car is to reduce body roll as much as possible.
Yeah, I've experimented with firmer settings on the dampeners (but not the sways) and I found that it get sideways easier/harder to control traction.
As far as the body roll goes, I pretty much have every steeda chassis product they offer. Great stuff!

Thanks for stopping by and your positive comments!

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Does your car have a differential oil cooler? Didn’t see one listed on your spec list. Maybe I missed it. I have a 2019 GT PP1, diff overheats during 3rd session on most track days. I imagine yours would have the same issue. No?

Sponsored
OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Does your car have a differential oil cooler? Didn’t see one listed on your spec list. Maybe I missed it. I have a 2019 GT PP1, diff overheats during 3rd session on most track days. I imagine yours would have the same issue. No?
Hey man, my car does not. I had a rear diff heating warning happen once at a really hot day at Thunderhill. After that I changed the diff fluid (and all fluids) to Red Line Oil and it neve happened again.

I used to change the fluids every season (not a DD car) but now only every other season and its fine.

Good luck and let me know if you go with a diff cooler.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Hey man, my car does not. I had a rear diff heating warning happen once at a really hot day at Thunderhill. After that I changed the diff fluid (and all fluids) to Red Line Oil and it neve happened again.

I used to change the fluids every season (not a DD car) but now only every other season and its fine.

Good luck and let me know if you go with a diff cooler.
On track days, which mode do you run in? Traction control on or off? I was running in Sport+ with traction control on. Maybe that overworked the differential.

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
On track days, which mode do you run in? Traction control on or off? I was running in Sport+ with traction control on. Maybe that overworked the differential.
I mostly run with TC on when at the track. If at an auto-x I'll turn it off. Walls and cones have much different densities lol. Although I'll eventually run with TC off (it's faster) when I have a greater understanding of the car in it's new state.

I think you might be onto something with your Sport+ hypothesis. Definitely worth researching further. I Can't really talk to the different modes as I don't have sport mode on my car. I only have the steering wheel selector switch, which is useless with how aggressively the car drives these days.

Best of luck and let me know how it goes!

OP
OP
2morrow

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Almost forgot about this one. Quick rundown of the quicklatch bumper buttons. Super easy, let me know if you have any questions.

Decanes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic PP1 Magneride 401A manual Roush stage 2
[/QUOTE]
I was watching some of your youtube videos and you make it seem very easy to drive Sonoma lol I know its not that easy of course. I would love to try it one day but living in southern Ohio it sucks to get to a road track closest one is 5 hours away
Nice job
Sponsored