Quick review, Legato axle back. Updated w/ sound clips

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Recently, I've been exploring available axle back exhaust systems for S550. It finally came down to 2 of them which were Borla Touring and Legato.

The Aftermath

Decided to go with Legato setup
Why? : Sound and Price $320
Do I regret it: No
Would I go with Borla Touring instead: No

My personal experience and opinion:
Pros:
1. Legato is definitely lighter than stock
2. 4" tips are very nice
3. Well built
4. Nice curves on 3" piping
5. Really good fitment, cuts must be spot on for easy and sorta adjustable instalation , good clearance (suspension & rear end side)
6. Love the sound of it, gorgeous raspy, very deep bass on acceleration
7. Bubbles and crackles on deceleration or when up shifting between gear change
8. Excellent deceleration sound in any RPM range, no drone!
9. Fairly loud but not obnoxiously just right IMO, just nice low to mid range tones
10. Value for the money
11. Responsible for rubber neck syndrome
Cons:
1. Slight drone in 5th and especially 6th gear at 1250-1500 rpms at medium to hard acceleration

I'll post the sound clip over the weekend.

If you have any questions, please carry on..... , Jacob
IMG_20160520_173823.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
Sorry but DRONE = NO WAY

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
Where are you at in Illinois? It'd be cool to compare yours to my FRPP touring. Are you running a resonator delete?

OP
OP
Kuba

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
[MENTION=8634]JDStangCA[/MENTION], Sorry but DRONE = NO WAY

That's definitely not a deal breaker since it only happens between 1250-1500 Rpm in 5th and bit more in 6th gear. I don't know how often you accelerate in 5th and 6th at 1250 rpms. It happens, yes but rarely. It reminds me to down shift immediately :) That's me, at the same time I do respect your opinion and appreciate you comment.
[MENTION=21283]AllenGJr43[/MENTION],
I wanna hear that!!!!!!
[MENTION=16646]Screwdgie[/MENTION], Streamwood Irving Park rt19@Bartlett Rd. That be cool with me. No resonator delete yet, wanna hear it first before I go that route

Sponsored

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
[MENTION=8634]JDStangCA[/MENTION], Sorry but DRONE = NO WAY

That's definitely not a deal breaker since it only happens between 1250-1500 Rpm in 5th and bit more in 6th gear. I don't know how often you accelerate in 5th and 6th at 1250 rpms. It happens, yes but rarely. It reminds me to down shift immediately :) That's me, at the same time I do respect your opinion and appreciate you comment.
[MENTION=21283]AllenGJr43[/MENTION],
I wanna hear that!!!!!!
[MENTION=16646]Screwdgie[/MENTION], Streamwood Irving Park rt19@Bartlett Rd. That be cool with me. No resonator delete yet, wanna hear it first before I go that route
Nice, not too far from me. I'm around Palatine and Barrington

OP
OP
Kuba

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
You're right there man

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Kuba, I have been researching exhaust clips for months now and finally made my decision. I just ordered my Legato, on Friday. I like what you stated about the quality of the system. I am looking forward to getting it installed next week. I am going to leave the resonator on and i really hope to have the deep tone without pissing off the neighbors.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kuba

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Kuba, I have been researching exhaust clips for months now and finally made my decision. I just ordered my Legato, on Friday. I like what you stated about the quality of the system. I am looking forward to getting it installed next week. I am going to leave the resonator on and i really hope to have the deep tone without pissing off the neighbors.
My neighbours, They actually admire the sound. I think you'll be surprised beyond your expectations how good it sounds with the stock resonator on. Enjoy and come back here to share the Legato experience with us, good luck with instalation 15gtca

bentmetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks for the review - We've not had any complaints about drone and the folks at Galpin Ford are putting them on new cars as an "upsell" for new car buyers. They do leave the resonators in place and have had no complaints from our experience. Just happy folks.

We used 16-gauge SS for our builds. Someone asked recently, thought I'd post it here.

Regardless - VERY glad you are happy.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Kinda old school sounding.

bentmetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Mustang GT
Everybody has their own set of ears and perspectives. In person, it sounds like a muscle car.

OP
OP
Kuba

Kuba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Everybody has their own set of ears and perspectives. In person, it sounds like a muscle car.
Indeed, it really does. Very cool you guys were able to produce quality yet affordable stuff . Much appreciated :cheers:
Sponsored