Sponsored

Quick Brake Question, HELP!

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I'm in the process of swapping my Ecoboost front brakes to GT/EBPP brakes and I stupidly forgot to take note of a simple detail as i was taking apart the GT brakes to get them ready to install. Do the retaining pins go in from the front with the wire retainer in the back, or in from the back with the retainer in the front?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the process of swapping my Ecoboost front brakes to GT/EBPP brakes and I stupidly forgot to take note of a simple detail as i was taking apart the GT brakes to get them ready to install. Do the retaining pins go in from the front with the wire retainer in the back, or in from the back with the retainer in the front?
The retaining wire is on the inboard side. It fits in a little pocket in the caliper.

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The retaining wire is on the inboard side. It fits in a little pocket in the caliper.
Thanks, and the spring (the sheet metal piece) just gets pushed on afterwards ?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, and the spring (the sheet metal piece) just gets pushed on afterwards ?
Yes. Hook one side in and then tap the other side onto the pin. Don't forget to liberally grease the pins with caliper grease!

OP
OP
Dave TBG

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doh! I forgot. I'll be back in there soon, I'll get it then. I've always used a Mityvac for bleeding, it didn't work worth a crap on the Mustang. I even bought a new one thinking the rubber was old and hardened up. Never did get it free of bubbles. I ran a few ounces through each caliper but I think I was getting air around the bleeder.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Dog! I forgot. I'll be back in there soon, I'll get it then. I've always used a Mityvac for bleeding, it didn't work worth a crap on the Mustang. I even bought a new one thinking the rubber was old and hardened up. Never did get it free of bubbles. I ran a few ounces through each caliper but I think I was getting air around the bleeder.
Motive Power bleeder works great.
Sponsored