Sponsored

Questions about Corsa Exhausts

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
i have a GT350. Looking to change the exhaust. What is the difference in sound and or performance on the Corsa Double Helixx res delete and their full exhaust Corsa Extreme Exhaust?
Sponsored

Deleted member 37397

Best sounding stock exhaust ruined in the flick of a buy it now button IMHO. Havent been impressed with what I’ve heard for what they charge to be honest

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Go with the res delete not the cat back system. I agree while the cat back system doesn’t sound bad it certainly doesn’t sound better than stock. I have the res delete and it’s the perfect sound it keeps the same sound and tone as stock but increases volume and crackles and pops in the exhaust (rev match downshifts are addicting).

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I had a Corsa Extreme cat back on the 15' GT/PP and loved the sound with no drone at all, on the 5.0 it was a definite higher pitched sound which I liked and it was extremely loud at W.O.T.

On the GT350 I only did the Corsa resonator delete, as it's a bit louder, somewhat more rasp from stock, with no drone or cabin resonance what so ever, but I am glad I do have the Active exhaust to quiet it down for the early mornings.
I think it does differ from the GT350R sound with the factory X and 2.75 dia pipes., which is what most 350 owners want to duplicate. I don't get much in the way of all the pops and crackles that drivers talk about on deceleration with just the double x.
The Corsa GT350 cat back mufflers do not have Active exhaust as far as I've read, but the GT 5.0 does have it available ??? From the videos I've heard I can't tell the difference between the the Double X only vs the complete cat back on the 350, as that's something I think you need to hear in person before spending your cash.

OP
OP
ronaldwalter

ronaldwalter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby
How does a gt350 with Corsa double helixx res delete installed compares to a standard gt350R ? I want sound , pop and burbles comparison.

Sponsored

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
How does a gt350 with Corsa double helixx res delete installed compares to a standard gt350R ? I want sound , pop and burbles comparison.
There is a lot of talk about that very subject on the "Official Resonator Delete Thread". You will find many different opinions and a range of different X pipe deletes and sound comparisons .
The GT350R has a different tone and pitch mainly due to the 2.75" diameter pipe used with a single X, the Corsa gives you 2 X's with a 3" diameter which changes the sounds. I haven't heard a GT350R in person so I can't say it pops and crackles more, but in most of the videos I've seen it sure sounds like it does. I also see videos where they pop and crackle like crazy...but that's with after market headers and off road pipes or at least pipes with high flow cats.
I should have went with the LTH resonator delete, it's one of the only res deletes that is actually 2.75 diameter and will give you probably the closest sound to an R model and is hundreds less then the Corsa....

Meraki Autoworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
The midpipe and full exhaust are a huge difference. The full exhaust louder. The GT350R and the Corsa helix pipe should be pretty much, the Corsa might be a little louder.

We have both midpipe and full exhausts in stock if you'd like pricing.

-Josh

Thuglike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2008 F-250
Best sounding stock exhaust ruined in the flick of a buy it now button IMHO. Havent been impressed with what I’ve heard for what they charge to be honest
This.

Most of the manufacturers are asking way too much money for an end result that sounds only slightly different. To my ears anyway. Spent 200.00 for a MBRP res delete and I can't tell much of a difference from a bud who dropped 1800.00 on a cat back.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
This.

Most of the manufacturers are asking way too much money for an end result that sounds only slightly different. To my ears anyway. Spent 200.00 for a MBRP res delete and I can't tell much of a difference from a bud who dropped 1800.00 on a cat back.
I agree I think the Corsa sounds slightly different than others but is this worth the price increase from an MBRP? To me it was but to most not and MBRP makes a good product. Also agree about the cat back it’s a waste of money unless you go headers with a full system to truly change the sound.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I have the Corsa double helix on my 2018 and it sounds awesome in Sport Mode, yet relatively quiet in Normal. The burbles and pops are nothing like my Viper with high flow cats and a full Borla catback, but I do hear them occasionally.

I have posted this before because this is the closest video to how my car sounds:

Sponsored