Questionable info from dealer, give me your opinion

KenF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
So I purchased my 2017 GT350 2 weeks ago with ~7300 miles on it. I notice on the day I bring it home the drivers mirror isn't working (power is dead to it) so I call the dealer, make an appointment to get that looked at, the recall repair completed, and the 7500 mile service done. I leave it at the dealer, drive off in my shitty Focus rental, and pick it up the next day after work.

Mirror works just as it should they say it was unplugged in the door, oil cooler line is replaced, oil is changed/maintenance done. I drive it home only to find the AC doesn't work and there is a rock ding in the black painted roof right in the middle on the edge and a 3/4" long strip of paint stripped away at the edge of the hood in front where the wiper arms are.

So back I go service manager comes out to look at car, we go back and forth about the rock dings and it's left with he agrees to pay for and fix the hood (repainting the entire hood) but the roof he will give me his pricing on fixing but he can't pay for it as they insist the car never left their lot and was parked in front of the service managers bays the entire time. I reluctantly agree as I can't say for 100% the roof one didn't come from when I was driving it. I ask for a quote to fix the roof chip and one small chip in the clear coat on the drivers rear quarter.

The call the next day is $1600 to fix the 2 chips as they are pulling all the glass, trim, etc and completely repainting roof and quarter. I tell them while i appreciate them wanting to fix it the right way I'm not going to spend $1600 on two dings both no larger than a pea and we agree to leave the small chip in the clear alone and they will touch up the black roof ding.

Today I get a call they finally got to look at the AC and this is the sentence that gets told to me. "So they found there was a cat scanner attached to the car and whoever installed that unplugged the AC to install it or run it. So they plugged the AC compressor in again" I played dumb to what even a scanner was but this makes 0 sense to me. Any scan tool would have been done from the OBD2 port and how would they even be able to tell. How can you look at an unplugged compressor and know this? Why is this the second thing now unplugged in the car? I'm really beginning to wonder what is going on here. ANyone have thoughts sorry this is so long.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KenF

KenF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT350
Update it wasn't "cat scan" it was "catch can" so they are saying that when I installed my UPR passenger side catch can I unplugged the high side sensor of my AC. I guess it's possible but seems unlikely. Anyway the struggle continues.

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
It seems you are not certain of the circumstances leading up to your complaints. Sort it out as best you can and move on. Give yourself some time to enjoy driving the car.
Sponsored