Sponsored

Question the two USB power points

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
As you know we have one at bottom of center dash and one in the console. I have a flash drives with music on them plugged into both USB ports. Works perfect and I can tap source on Sync 3 and choose which one to play. Question is one of my flash drives lights up (normal) which tells me even when car turned off the ports are still hot. Does any one know if just leaving the flash drives plugged in will drain the battery when car is left in carport a few days without starting or do I have to unplug both flash drives every time I shut car off. thanks
Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
As you know we have one at bottom of center dash and one in the console. I have a flash drives with music on them plugged into both USB ports. Works perfect and I can tap source on Sync 3 and choose which one to play. Question is one of my flash drives lights up (normal) which tells me even when car turned off the ports are still hot. Does any one know if just leaving the flash drives plugged in will drain the battery when car is left in carport a few days without starting or do I have to unplug both flash drives every time I shut car off. thanks
I keep an ipod plugged in all the time in the console port. No issues

OP
OP

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Ok great then I'll just leave both plugged in. Again thanks

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
good info, I was always leaving my flash drive in the port the whole winter when the car is stored... I know better now, to remove it :)

My drive does not have a light, it's one of those older Corsair dual channel memory things.

TBirdRon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium Auto, 56 Thunderbird 312 Auto
I found on mine that sometimes I have power after shutting the car off and sometimes I do not. This applies to the dash USB and the 12v lighter plug as well. Not sure about the USB in the console. I was truly amazed at the way it appears to work and what triggers it. It seems that when I first plug something in there will be power to the plug after I shut off the power and open the door and continue to work that way as long as the device remains plugged it. However, if I unplug the device with the car power on, then plug the device back in, then when I power the car off I lose the power to the plugs each and every time I start and stop the car. It appears to toggle between power on and power off by plugging something in and unplugging it. If I were reading this I probably would not believe it either, but that is how both of my dash plugs appear to work.
Sponsored