Sponsored

Question: Tech Package Content vs Base?

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Looking at the 2022 order guide and the base car comes with 6-way power seats (with power lumbar) and are heated/cooled. Looks like the Technology Package just adds memory to the same seats. Is that right?

Side view mirrors are listed with "Integrated Blind Spot" but the technology package includes BLISS... what's the difference? Rear cross traffic sensors?

Not sure if the technology package is work $3,000 for the cross-traffic sensors of BLISS, seat memory, navigation, and upgraded stereo.
Sponsored

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
IMHO it's well worth the $3K if for nothing else than resale value.
Technology Package
  • B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen, 12-Speakers including Subwoofer in-trunk
  • BLISĀ® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
  • Mirrors ā€“ Heated, Memory, Turn Signal and Cobra Puddle Lamps
  • Power 6-way Driver Seat with three (3) memory settings Note: Included when ordered with Leather-trimmed Sport Seat
  • Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with Pinch-to Zoom Capability, SiriusXM Traffic and Travel LinkĀ®
The B&O Stereo is amazing for sure. I haven't compared it to the Base, but the sound quality is great for me.
BLIS for front an rear parking are a nice to have for sure.
Heated mirrors with memory are very nice to have.
Touch screen Navigation is also very nice to have.

While the above is nice and all . . . the Memory seats and especially the Cobra Puddle Lamps are worth the price of admission. Maybe just me but there is nothing like opening the door, seeing the Cobra then hearing the motor. (getting excited just typing this. lol)

Only you can tell, but I will say Fully Option cars will hold there value more I think than the base cars. I have every option except Recaro seats and CFTP, both of which I did not want. (Ok I wanted the CFTP but thought it was way more than I would ever need or use)

OP
OP

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
I think you're probably right about the resale value, but my question is more around the actual content of the package. It seems like the base car already now comes with the seats and blind spot monitoring, the package just adds seat memory and backup sensors.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
The ā€œIntegrated Blind Spotā€ on the Base is just the funky convex top left corner of the driverā€™s mirror and top right corner of the pax mirror. Nothing electronic about it.
Personally, Tech Pack was just paying $3K for 100lbs of junk in the trunk that I didnā€™t need. Thatā€™s a couple sets of tires!
I wanted the Recaros, and they donā€™t come with power/heat/cool, etc. They still charge the full price and all you get is BLISS, Nav and a boom box. No value on the trackā€¦.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
The seats themselves, are they the same with the Tech package as without?

2turbocobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
are the puddle lamps an easy add on? or are they built into the mirrors and difficult to add in?

I agree it should be a 1k option.

does it also include the dual zone ac/heat?

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I guess I have the tech package on mine I bought used then. It was priced in the lowest 3 online I could find. With Recaros and handling package. BTW the b&o system is no were near is good sounding as even the older 2014 mustang shaker and not as good as the base pioneer system in the 2020 charger widebody I had.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
I had the tech package on mine. The B&O is definitely not all that but it is a nice upgrade over the standard radio. I could care less about the puddle lamps but do do like BLIS. BLIS is a handy feature.