Question, new ecoboost

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
Interested in getting the Ecoboost, as a DD. I have a Tiburon now decent for a first car. I like to drift in it and have fun but the cars just not enough for me now at all. 19, I make plenty of money on my own. Not enough for a GTO, as that would be the only muscle car I'm interested in. The 4turbo doesn't matter to me when it's comes to "mustang's" image. Almost bought the 2015 mini(too girly) Gt would be too bad on gas for my taste. Rumors of 350 hp sounds good I'm just new to mod, would around 400hp and torque be possible on this engine without making it a gas guzzler??? Plan on doing some appearance/handling mods also in gaurd color. Need opinions on buying this, thanks for the help! I Promise I won't go to your local soccer pitch and ruin it

Parents love dodge, and have a truck and challenger so buying a ford will be hilarious to say the least.
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Glad to see another young one on the forums, I am also 19 years old. I've been saving for 3 years non-stop for a chance like this, I am actually getting the GT premium myself though. I was HIGHLY considering the turbo-4 before I realized I could afford the GT since I've gotten two raises since last year. The turbo-4 will definitely be a thrill to drive, lots of potential once you give it a few years (aftermarket blow-off valves, bolt ons, bigger turbo) And you'll save a few bucks on gas and car payments.

I'd go for it, nothing to be ashamed of.

MustangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
Rumors of 350 hp sounds good I'm just new to mod, would around 400hp and torque be possible on this engine without making it a gas guzzler??? Plan on doing some appearance/handling mods also in gaurd color. Need opinions on buying this, thanks for the help! I Promise I won't go to your local soccer pitch and ruin it
Gas guzzler depends more on how you drive it. It's not hard to get 27-28 mpg cruising at 70 mph in a GT. On the other hand, driving any EcoBoost hard can easily push you into the low teens.

Air+fuel+spark = power, increase power and air+fuel must go up

OP
OP
GarRtr

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
Glad to see another young one on the forums, I am also 19 years old. I've been saving for 3 years non-stop for a chance like this, I am actually getting the GT premium myself though. I was HIGHLY considering the turbo-4 before I realized I could afford the GT since I've gotten two raises since last year. The turbo-4 will definitely be a thrill to drive, lots of potential once you give it a few years (aftermarket blow-off valves, bolt ons, bigger turbo) And you'll save a few bucks on gas and car payments.

Same here, work 2 jobs and sacrifice a lot to be in this position. I could get a genesis 3.8 track(which is similar to my car) also from a buddy at his dealership but the car doesn't stand out like this mustang and won't hold it's value

I'd like to keep in touch if I get any more questions, if that's okay? Thanks for the help :ford:

Sponsored

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Same here, work 2 jobs and sacrifice a lot to be in this position. I could get a genesis 3.8 track(which is similar to my car) also from a buddy at his dealership but the car doesn't stand out like this mustang and won't hold it's value

I'd like to keep in touch if I get any more questions, if that's okay? Thanks for the help :ford:
Anytime, just PM me if you want advice or anything, ultimately if you did not pre-order a vehicle like the rest of us, wait until they are on the lot or go to the local dealership and price out payments, ultimately that will be your decision maker. Also don't forget the GT insurance will be more expensive as well.

OP
OP
GarRtr

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
Anytime, just PM me if you want advice or anything, ultimately if you did not pre-order a vehicle like the rest of us, wait until they are on the lot or go to the local dealership and price out payments, ultimately that will be your decision maker. Also don't forget the GT insurance will be more expensive as well.
Alright, Found this if you haven't seen it already

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0

I enjoy seeing us younger people on here too. I'm 22. JUST turned 22, like 3 days ago. lol I'll be getting the GT 400A. Us young guys gotta stick together! :thumbsup:

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
I enjoy seeing us younger people on here too. I'm 22. JUST turned 22, like 3 days ago. lol I'll be getting the GT 400A. Us young guys gotta stick together! :thumbsup:
Same here. I never would have never guessed there would be so many people my age on here when I registered. Much less younger. I am 25 and this will be my third Mustang and I am so excited I have actually been dreaming about this car occasionally.

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
Same here. I never would have never guessed there would be so many people my age on here when I registered. Much less younger. I am 25 and this will be my third Mustang and I am so excited I have actually been dreaming about this car occasionally.
I'm envious.... you're at the age where your insurance will go down :rant:

Sponsored
OP
OP
GarRtr

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
I'm envious.... you're at the age where your insurance will go down :rant:
Wasn't expecting anyone near my age either, eagerly waiting for the cars to hit the lot. This forum has helped so much to keep my mind off the car lol :thumbsup:

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' fusion 14 explorer sport
Wasn't expecting anyone near my age either, eagerly waiting for the cars to hit the lot. This forum has helped so much to keep my mind off the car lol :thumbsup:
Keeps my mind on the car. I want to drive the car, but in all honesty I want to see what randy pobst thinks about the car. I'm ready for some first drive reviews! I wanna hear about how bad a$$ the car is performance wise! Gt and ecoboost.

Johnnybear

Future Mustang owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Passat Wagon, Jeep Wrangler, 1979 Mustang
Okay, at 16 I had a good job and worked 20-30 hours and could barely save enough to buy a crappy 15 year old car as I guess my 'rents did not pay for everything. At 19 I had an even better job and worked 30+ hours while in college before I went broke paying for that and had to join the Army. At no time could I pay for a $40k sports car, its insurance, and had money for rent and food. With todays economy, I hope you young guys who are sticking together know just how lucky you have it. Even now with a good career and college almost paid for 15 years later, an ex wife, two kids and a mortgage the 2015 Mustang is almost still just a dream. I am going to do everything I can to make it work but its still going to be a $500+ car payment. Wow.

Johnnybear

Future Mustang owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Passat Wagon, Jeep Wrangler, 1979 Mustang
Keeps my mind on the car. I want to drive the car, but in all honesty I want to see what randy pobst thinks about the car. I'm ready for some first drive reviews! I wanna hear about how bad a$$ the car is performance wise! Gt and ecoboost.
My thoughts exactly! Randy Probst gives great reviews on cars, the one he did on the 2011 GT and the 302 Boss were great! I am thinking about the economics of this car and the GT just might be a little too far for me to grasp given that I would not want a bare bones GT. That being said, I would be more than happy with a 2013 CS Convertible but if the EB is really going to get 350 HP I would really give that a real hard look as the price point would be very tempting given the power, great new style, fuel economy, etc would all be acceptable in my opinion. I know I would miss the Coyote engine but saving $200 a month in payments and even more on insurance and gas could soften the blow!

OP
OP
GarRtr

GarRtr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gar
Vehicle(s)
Total babe
Okay, at 16 I had a good job and worked 20-30 hours and could barely save enough to buy a crappy 15 year old car as I guess my 'rents did not pay for everything. At 19 I had an even better job and worked 30+ hours while in college before I went broke paying for that and had to join the Army. At no time could I pay for a $40k sports car, its insurance, and had money for rent and food. With todays economy, I hope you young guys who are sticking together know just how lucky you have it. Even now with a good career and college almost paid for 15 years later, an ex wife, two kids and a mortgage the 2015 Mustang is almost still just a dream. I am going to do everything I can to make it work but its still going to be a $500+ car payment. Wow.
I understand completely man, I honestly am very lucky considering where I came from. I don't want to go into details but I strived everyday to be able to get this car. I'd also be trading in my car and that with like a 20% down payment will help and the ecoboost base is probably what I'd get and is a lot less than $40k:D
Sponsored