GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I don’t see the issue here.

For those that don’t have Sirius subscription tied to their car (or any other “app”), but have the app or program on a mobile device - all you need to do is:

Select the app on your mobile device.
On your phone or mobile device, turn BT to “on”.
In the vehicle (Mustang or other), in the radio options menu select “BT” or whatever it may use to stream sound.

Boom - you have whatever sound or music you want in the vehicle being streamed from your mobile device.

Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, whatever - Sirius, it all works in the same manner; you don’t need to have the actual app or program on the vehicle’s head unit.

I’ve been streaming Spotify since 2018 exactly like above in my S550 - w/o using any Ford approved apps or freaking CarPlay BS. For me, I have had a Sirius subscription for eons, so whatever package you have paid for, it should always include all channels everywhere....

I’ve never heard of a difference in S550 antenna technology that can selectively allow a user to have a paid subscription, but then can block out certain channels from that paid package... LOL.

Go into your Sirius User account and make sure you’re not blocking channels or music genre.

Also to note, in some Ford’s with the newer SYNC technology, you can hide or block out Sirius channels - I did it when I had a 2020 Ford Explorer ST loaner earlier this year... I forget exactly how I did it, but you have to go into the settings for Sirius. Make sure someone didn’t block out channels or music genre.
Okay, honestly I haven't checked my 2017 GT yet (car cover is on). Should it work for my car too?
Sponsored