Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo sadly enough I won't get my car back today. I'm being told that there are challenges with applying the programming. They are waiting for the programmer/Roush to get back?

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I was handed some print outs regarding the warranty. I filled it out myself, put all the info needed on it, took a picture with my cell phone and emailed it to: [email protected]
Then you get a confirmation email, then someone will respond to let you know that you are in the "system".

"... Thank you for contacting Roush Performance. Your warranty information has been successfully entered, you are all set!

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you, ... "

Header looks like this:
1664479551703.png
First I am hearing of this. I bought it from, and had it installed by, a Ford/Roush dealer, so I never even saw the parts before they were installed. Is it possible they sent it in?

Also, the phase 2 supercharger doesn't seem to be listed on that paper.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
First I am hearing of this. I bought it from, and had it installed by, a Ford/Roush dealer, so I never even saw the parts before they were installed. Is it possible they sent it in?

My dealer gave me the same paper. I would assume that it should be available on roush website somewhere for you to download and print out.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

That paper was handed to me be STEEDA, certified Roush installers. I wouldn't worry to much about if it listed or not. I already contacted Roush regarding my install to confirm if a "Phase 2" was installed indeed. The tech/rep confirmed this by looking at my VIN and the calibration STEEDA used for my vehicle.

"... This is something of which we can confirm by using the VIN number for your vehicle. We are showing the Phase 2 calibration to be flashed to your vehicle upon installation..."

I believe as soon your PCM is flashed the information is transmitted to Roush, hence you need internet when doing the calibration.
I would contact Roush to confirm your VIN is registered with them regarding the warranty.
EDIT: my part is listed

Last edited:

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
That paper was handed to me be STEEDA, certified Roush installers. I wouldn't worry to much about if it listed or not. I already contacted Roush regarding my install to confirm if a "Phase 2" was installed indeed. The tech/rep confirmed this by looking at my VIN and the calibration STEEDA used for my vehicle.

"... This is something of which we can confirm by using the VIN number for your vehicle. We are showing the Phase 2 calibration to be flashed to your vehicle upon installation..."

I believe as soon your PCM is flashed the information is transmitted to Roush, hence you need internet when doing the calibration.
I would contact Roush to confirm your VIN is registered with them regarding the warranty.
EDIT: my part is listed
:thumbsup: Just sent them an email.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
6600 rpm?? its still making power. Why did they stop?

Probably hitting the rev limiter in 7th gear at 155mph. Roush doesn't remove the stock governor.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I got my car back yesterday. They didn’t install the catch cans but I’ve emailed the dealership parts manager, so I’m sure it’ll go back sometime this week.

I was out driving around in track mode and boy that shift into second gear hits hard. Even when you’re just driving normal it seems like it’s slamming you into your seat a little bit and it’s quite jarring. The tech said the transmission has to relearn how I drive?

One thing that did happen today, which I was not a fan of, is I was at a stoplight, and then the rpm started to “stumble” (drop to 400 then back to 500 then down to 300-400 and back to 500) a bit then it stalled out I had to put it in park and then restart it. It fired up. No problem, but that was a little odd. It only happened once so far.

Anyone else get this? Maybe I should drive it around in normal for a few days for it to relearn?

Last edited:

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
I got my car back yesterday. They didn’t install the catch cans but I’ve emailed the dealership parts manager, so I’m sure it’ll go back sometime this week.

I was out driving around in track mode and boy that shift into second gear hits hard. Even when you’re just driving normal it seems like it’s slamming you into your seat a little bit and it’s quite jarring. The tech said the transmission has to relearn how I drive?

One thing that did happen today, which I was not a fan of, is I was at a stoplight, and then the rpm started to “stumble” (drop to 400 then back to 500 then down to 300-400 and back to 500) a bit then it stalled out I had to put it in park and then restart it. It fired up. No problem, but that was a little odd. It only happened once so far.

Anyone else get this? Maybe I should drive it around in normal for a few days for it to relearn?
At least my car doesn't seem to like really light throttle. While in slow moving traffic I can get some hard shifts, and a jolt when going on and off the throttle. Over about 15-20% throttle, or when in 4th or higher, I dont seem to have this issue nearly as much.

Right after install, I had the car stall twice while in traffic, coming to a stop. I was going to bring it in but it has never happened again in the 10 months since.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
There seems to be some variation among different years with the Roush tune. My 2018 had perfect drivability. Other than a bit softer initial throttle tip-in, it was just like stock....smooth idle, never stalling, smooth shifts, etc.

seely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
seedy
Vehicle(s)
none
Need some help here. Have some confusion with the install. Got the phase 2 kit for a 2019 GT.

The kit says to plug in the connector to the temp sensor on the LTR "that has been installed"

The LTR came with a plug installed in it. The instructions never had a step to install the sensor and reapalce that plug. So im confused here... I found this 02 sensor looking thing (in the picture) and installed it because I assumed that was the temp sensor since it fits the connector and thread. Unfortunately the sensor didnt have a ref-number on it neither did the bag.

Is this the temp sensor? or did i mess up?

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 7.43.27 AM.png

IMG_7639.jpeg

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Yeah so today I drove it to Guelph about 40 minutes away. Highway no problem. But in town it stalled 3 times at stop lights and in various modes.

Normal? Stalle
Track? Stalled x2

it doesn’t do it every time so there is no rhyme or reason to it!?!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yeah so today I drove it to Guelph about 40 minutes away. Highway no problem. But in town it stalled 3 times at stop lights and in various modes.

Normal? Stalle
Track? Stalled x2

it doesn’t do it every time so there is no rhyme or reason to it!?!
Wow, obviously something's not right. Not sure if it's install or tune?
My car doesn't stall or hesitate at all. 2019 Roush Stage 3 car.

God luck man. Keep us posted.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Yeah, stalling is NOT normal at all.

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ok so I got a ton of seat time this weekend and here is what I've experienced. Here is a paraphrase of my email to my dealership contact.

Saturday the car stalled once at a stoplight while coming back from [REDACTED]. Pulled up to a stop light and slowed down, the car was fine for about 20-30 seconds, then the RPMs started to bounce; it went from 500 down to 250, back up to 500, back down to 250 and then stalled while I was in DRIVE. I put the car in PARK and restarted the car with no problems and was able to drive away. The rest of the drive home I noticed it would do this sometimes, but not every time, so I had to use my left foot on the brake and have my right foot hover over the accelerator in case it needed a little gas.

Today (Sunday) the car stalled 3 times in [REDACTED] at various stop lights. Twice in TRACK and once in NORMAL so I don't think it's specific to the modes. It did the exact same thing above. Sometimes just a very slight feather of the gas would bring it between 500-750 and it would be fine.

It doesn't seem to have any trouble when it's actually moving but coming to a stop at a light gets exciting as one never knows if it's going to cut out while waiting for the light to go green. I noticed a moderate number of pops on the deceleration too. Not sure if the pops are standard for the Roush tune or if it's an issue with the installation or the tune applied to my car? I've asked the guys on the Mustang forums in case it's SOP but the stalling is definitely, something I want you guys to take a look at as it's a safety concern.
Thoughts?