Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
Here is the email response I recieved when contacting Lund in regards to tuning my 2019 with Roush blower....

Jon Lund
(Lund Racing Support)
Aug 19, 10:54 PM EDT
We do not tune the 18-19 Roush. Simply because all the results VMP and PBD produce are inflated. Unfortunately the Roush setups have very small inter-coolers and the second you add boost the IAT2s go through the roof and pull spark. They sand bag dyno numbers to get folks to purchase the tunes. Once you drive down the road and put heat into the Roush setup they pull spark and close the throttle. So we elected not to tune those years.

This is why you don't see any Roush 18-19 running serious numbers at the drag strip. Sorry to be blunt but it is reality.

Thanks
Jon Lund Sr. | Owner and Senior Calibrator
www.LundRacing.com

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Any tuner who speaks of adding boost over the Roush 12psi to a 12:1 compression engine running 93 octane is not a tuner I would trust, anyway.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
Here is the email response I recieved when contacting Lund in regards to tuning my 2019 with Roush blower....

Jon Lund
(Lund Racing Support)
We do not tune the 18-19 Roush. Simply because all the results VMP and PBD produce are inflated. Unfortunately the Roush setups have very small inter-coolers and the second you add boost the IAT2s go through the roof and pull spark. They sand bag dyno numbers to get folks to purchase the tunes. Once you drive down the road and put heat into the Roush setup they pull spark and close the throttle. So we elected not to tune those years.

This is why you don't see any Roush 18-19 running serious numbers at the drag strip. Sorry to be blunt but it is reality.

Thanks
www.LundRacing.com
Lmaoooo whats considered serious numbers?

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
All good you want a good tune for the roush 2650 go Wengerd Performance.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Jon Lund
(Lund Racing Support)

Thanks
www.LundRacing.com
Wow what arrogance by Lund. Pretty bold claims about other tuning companies without any facts to back it up. There are a lot of Roush 2660 blowers out there and they are missing out on a big market. Thankfully there are tuners out there like Wengerd, VMP, PBD, etc that tune these blowers with great results. Roush has dramatically improved things since the initial release of the 2650 with a bigger LTR better calibration so the throttle body wasn’t closing at such a lower temperature. Not everyone is looking for a ridiculous horsepower set up and the Roush set up is stout in a street application, probably the best street set up running the included tune and a outstanding warranty.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Jon Lund
(Lund Racing Support)

Thanks
www.LundRacing.com
In the tuner\racing circles Lund has a reputation of blowing 18+ engines.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
I just had my car dyno tuned by PBD on 93 octane gas and E85. I have not run the gas tune yet but the dyno numbers are pretty close to what the roush tune was making and the power curve is very similar. The E85 tune however is beast! It really wakes the car up for sure. I will get to the track as soon as I can and get new numbers for you guys. I would definitely recommend getting your car tuned by PBD.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I just had my car dyno tuned by PBD on 93 octane gas and E85. I have not run the gas tune yet but the dyno numbers are pretty close to what the roush tune was making and the power curve is very similar. The E85 tune however is beast! It really wakes the car up for sure. I will get to the track as soon as I can and get new numbers for you guys. I would definitely recommend getting your car tuned by PBD.
Did you take your car to their shop? What tuning device are you using? What type of fuel system to run E85?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Did you take your car to their shop? What tuning device are you using? What type of fuel system to run E85?
I'm using an RTD device. I was tuned on a dyno locally and had them email the tunes. I built my own return fuel system using dual DW400s -8 feed and the stock line as a return. I wired all the electrical myself also.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I'm using an RTD device. I was tuned on a dyno locally and had them email the tunes. I built my own return fuel system using dual DW400s -8 feed and the stock line as a return. I wired all the electrical myself also.
Can you use the fuel rails that came with the Roush kit or did you have to get different ones? What were your dyno results on both fuels?

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Can you use the fuel rails that came with the Roush kit or did you have to get different ones? What were your dyno results on both fuels?
I used the roush rails. The dyno results on gas were similar to the roush numbers. It's hard to compare the two because the roush numbers I got were a different day and only did 3 pulls. The numbers from tuning are after hours of pulls on the dyno. I will try to get to the track soon so I can compare trap speed. I will say that it was my goal to make 750whp on E85 and it did better than I expected. I am still on the stock pulley.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I used the roush rails. The dyno results on gas were similar to the roush numbers. It's hard to compare the two because the roush numbers I got were a different day and only did 3 pulls. The numbers from tuning are after hours of pulls on the dyno. I will try to get to the track soon so I can compare trap speed. I will say that it was my goal to make 750whp on E85 and it did better than I expected. I am still on the stock pulley.
Wow, awesome.
If you can put the power down, you'll be moving out pretty good. Good luck!

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
The car just runs so much better on E85 too. Watching my iat2 in 84 degree weather at a cruise it was only at 114. On gas in the same weather I was at 126 cruising. I haven't seen it go over 134 even sitting at traffic lights now with the E85.