Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
They whine. Loud exhausts drown it out in the cabin very easily.
Really? I have never heard it. A couple of guys who watched my runs asked me why it didn't whine. Hellcats whine like beaten puppies going down the strip. I have heard Whipple whine, too. You can't hear a peep from mine over the exhaust.

Azul Assasin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list
Really? I have never heard it. A couple of guys who watched my runs asked me why it didn't whine. Hellcats whine like beaten puppies going down the strip. I have heard Whipple whine, too. You can't hear a peep from mine over the exhaust.
You can only hear it if you are in front of the car. It's not very loud and everyone is always behind you so they don't hear it.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
OMG, if I had to listen to that I'd blow my brains out.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if Roush's most recent tune leaned the A/F ratio a bit. Driving the 110 miles on the Interstate to the track yesterday, the computer recorded an average 26.1 MPG. That is about the same as when it was NA. While the computer may not be 100% accurate, the mileage is better than it was with the last tune. Seems to me that it just runs a bit smoother, too.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
No whine at all. I am not sure a TVS blower has any whine. Best so far is 10.9@129. I know there is more to be had if I can just 60 better. Never on a dyno. Car is heavy and fully optioned with stock Roush tune. I will eventually get a 10.8 or better out of it.
Very cool. A safe, warrantied kit with a higher trap speed than a hellcat redeye and way higher than a ZL1. Also your best et is better than C&Ds published for the GT500, ignoring any atmospheric or other corrections or differences in technique. Are you faster than stock redeyes at your track?

one last question then I’ll leave you alone: last time I paid attention here everyone was worried about IAT2s given the relatively small intercooler. I take it with the larger exchanger that’s a non-factor in practice for the stock setup? Sorry to ask questions that have already been answered.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Oddly was reading on the odin thread most say they are seeing 30-40 above ambient iat2’s after all the bashing the roush has received and the fact lund wont tune it but the odin is basically the same supercharger with a larger throttle body and the loki would be the same with a smaller tb. Idk abt the heat soak or recovery times/temps but for a inverted blower i had assumed the intercoolers would have done much better than the roush.
Yeah, everyone complains about the temps,........no worries man.
Look at that dude from Texas that just ran very low 10's in his Roushcharged car. Killer chiller and a few more mods and you're good to go. He's in this thread somewhere and just posted a Youtube video last week. Almost in the 9's actually. That's stock pulley too. :giggle: LOL Love it.
No worries.

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
Oddly was reading on the odin thread most say they are seeing 30-40 above ambient iat2’s after all the bashing the roush has received and the fact lund wont tune it but the odin is basically the same supercharger with a larger throttle body and the loki would be the same with a smaller tb. Idk abt the heat soak or recovery times/temps but for a inverted blower i had assumed the intercoolers would have done much better than the roush.
Lund won't tune roush because roush doesnt use a maf they use map.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I hate to mention heat since some guys will dispute it or call me a liar.

For me, heatsoak that kills Roush performance is an extremely exaggerated subject. Keep in mind, I live in Minnesota and do not typically drag race in temps over the 80s. My preference, of course is even cooler. Guys in the south will face issues that I do not.

My experience: A WOT pull down the quarter mile adds about 15 additional degrees iat2. By the time I get to the timing shack, it has cooled down to where I began or even cooler. The biggest issue is to keep it cool while waiting in the staging lanes. Shutting the car off adds a helluva lot more heat than running down the strip. An open TB and high speed air through the HE helps offset the heat generated by boost.

In the staging lanes, I keep it running with the fans on and rev it up every few seconds. That is far better than shutting in off....unless there is a major delay of some sort. My 3rd run yesterday was my best. I had the same experience last summer when I ran in the low 80s. I ran just under 128 mph last summer in the 80s compared to just over 129 yesterday in the 60s. ET was better yesterday primarily because the new cal shifts much better than the old one.

I have never felt a performance difference on the street regardless of temps. High humidity seems worse than heat. Hotter ambient temps produce a smaller spread between iat1 and iat2. In cold winter temps, my iat2 will be 50-55 degrees over iat1 just cruising. In hot summer weather, it is 35-40.

Other's experiences may vary but, for me, heat is a non issue for street driving or going to the strip occasionally for fun. If I were racing for points and had to run weekly regardless of temps, I might be more concerned.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I will add one more comment about heat. My car with the Roush is not affected by heat any worse than when it was NA. Also, while hot temps are detrimental, it hurts everyone. The Hellcats and others also run slower in hot humid conditions.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Look at that dude from Texas that just ran very low 10's in his Roushcharged car. Killer chiller and a few more mods and you're good to go. He's in this thread somewhere and just posted a Youtube video last week. Almost in the 9's actually. That's stock pulley too. :giggle: LOL Love it.
No worries.
Pretty sure Killer Chiller voids the Roush warranty.... If you care about that.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure Killer Chiller voids the Roush warranty.... If you care about that.
I assume it would kill the Ford warranty on the A/C system if that is a concern.

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
No worries.
Ive currently run a 6.5x’s with 1.47 60’ pbd tune but since have added lth, cat delete and a vmp ice tank so hopefully be in the 6.4x’s/9.9x-10 will see soon.