Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I realize that I am beating a horse that has been dead for some time but......

I wonder what is taking Roush so long to roll out Phase 2 for the 2018+ models. They have already revised the phase 1 tune and made the HE larger. What else can they do in creating a phase 2? I suppose a smaller pulley could be part of it but phase 1 already creates plenty of boost for pump gas. Short of a complete revision more along the lines of VMP and Edelbrock, what could they do to address the heatsoak issue that the Phase 1 is noted for?

I know Roush is careful and they do plenty of testing prior to introducing a product but it seems odd to me that it takes so long if all they are doing is revising the tune, changing the pulley or tweaking the HE a little more.

biscuit60177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I personally got tired of waiting and got the Edelbrock stage 2. I know there are questions about tuning from Edelbrock but if it's that bad I can give up the warranty and get a custom tune. In the end I felt better about their ability to keep things cooler than Roush anyway and even though I don't live down south it's still important to me to have power not drop off after driving for a while. We'll see what happens, it's getting installed this week.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I personally got tired of waiting and got the Edelbrock stage 2. I know there are questions about tuning from Edelbrock but if it's that bad I can give up the warranty and get a custom tune. In the end I felt better about their ability to keep things cooler than Roush anyway and even though I don't live down south it's still important to me to have power not drop off after driving for a while. We'll see what happens, it's getting installed this week.
That makes sense. If the Roush doesn't arrive by February or if it doesn't have cooling improvements, I am going with an Edelbrock tuner kit with a Lund tune.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’m waiting, you would think Roush is addressing tuning, possibly being a bit more aggressive with IAT temps vs throttle blade closer etc. VMP, PBD, Oz all have shown even with the small inter cooler the Roush 2.65 can go mid 10’s on a tune

So maybe Roush is looking into a bit more relaxed tuned, (meaning aggressive)

You have to figure if the 2020 RS3 runs 11.30 on street tires like their advertising , on a DR in cooler air it should run pretty well for a canned tune setup

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
I’m waiting, you would think Roush is addressing tuning, possibly being a bit more aggressive with IAT temps vs throttle blade closer etc. VMP, PBD, Oz all have shown even with the small inter cooler the Roush 2.65 can go mid 10’s on a tune

So maybe Roush is looking into a bit more relaxed tuned, (meaning aggressive)

You have to figure if the 2020 RS3 runs 11.30 on street tires like their advertising , on a DR in cooler air it should run pretty well for a canned tune setup
Jack Roush Edition is 10.7 on Drag radials

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
The Jack Roush Edition is a manual, correct? The 10A would likely be quicker.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The Jack Roush Edition is a manual, correct? The 10A would likely be quicker.

I believe all 60 2020 JR Editions r manuals and yes the 10a would’ve probably been faster than advertised but alas they only come 6sp

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I think PBD is one of the few tuners who will do a custom tune for the Roush. I wish someone with a custom tuned 2018+ Roush would share some drag results and comment on how the tune performs when doing multiple runs.

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
I believe all 60 2020 JR Editions r manuals and yes the 10a would’ve probably been faster than advertised but alas they only come 6sp
It was posted that the JRE can come in the manual or 10 speed.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think PBD is one of the few tuners who will do a custom tune for the Roush. I wish someone with a custom tuned 2018+ Roush would share some drag results and comment on how the tune performs when doing multiple runs.
PBD, OZ, VMP, and there’s a guy up in Canada (Expert Tuning) that’s done the 18+

All have run well

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
The green car in the video looks like a 2020 stage 3 Roush....not the Jack Roush Edition. The Stage 3 is available with either the 6M or 10A. If the JRE was available with the 10A, it is news to me.

EDIT: I see that the JRE was indeed available with the 10A.

IMCHRGD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackson
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Roush
Hey guys my first post. I want to say you guys here seem pretty cool so i hope you dont mind if i post here even though i have a 2018 Roush f 150.
I told the wife i'll buy her a new Mustang in a few years. Anyways, yes im also tired of waiting for Roush . I have a custom tune on mine, the roush tune just didnt do it for me . I have the billet OPG and CS, with long tube headers and free flow cats. I plan on going e-85 with a custom tune from PBD and then remove the cats. I will say a custom tune did wake it up . Thank you guys, good stuff here. Jack