Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
2021 strikes again!! HP Tuners VCM scanner will not read the channels my tuner normally requires for his tunes. But Wengerd being Wengerd they are using vehicle default channels to get me tuned right until HP Tuners updates it which will hopefully be sooner rather than later so everything is 100%.

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
2021 strikes again!! HP Tuners VCM scanner will not read the channels my tuner normally requires for his tunes. But Wengerd being Wengerd they are using vehicle default channels to get me tuned right until HP Tuners updates it which will hopefully be sooner rather than later so everything is 100%.
We hope they get it added soon. Outside that all looks good

jxavierd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
For street use, the Michelins would certainly last longer. The 555Rii Nittos would be better from a dig and I use them in the summer but 5-6000 miles are about all they are good for.

I have no idea how the Roush tune would impact a 300a car that had the drive modes added. Gavin or Mark at Roush might be the best source for that. My guess is that it would work fine like a 301a but that is just a guess.
Awesome thank you. I think I saw Gavin’s email a few pages back so I’ll reach out

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
Awesome thank you. I think I saw Gavin’s email a few pages back so I’ll reach out
I'd probably just email the normal roush service email, from my understanding there's only a few guys and they separate out the issues by request type.

[email protected]

If you try and reach out directly they usually make you send an email to that rpp one above anyways to open up a support case. Something to do with their email system tracking or some sort.

jxavierd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'd probably just email the normal roush service email, from my understanding there's only a few guys and they separate out the issues by request type.

[email protected]

If you try and reach out directly they usually make you send an email to that rpp one above anyways to open up a support case. Something to do with their email system tracking or some sort.
Good plan. I’ve reached out and will follow up here with their response for anyone else who might want to know

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
@Tcaz520 any updates? I’m telling you right now go pick your car up pay for a custom tune and be done with this. You and I both wanted Roush and the dealer to make things right and they aren’t going to. I literally have beat the living snot out of my car since the custom tune and not a single light has flashed and it feels so good. Just my opinion because I have been in your shoes just not as long.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
@Tcaz520 any updates? I’m telling you right now go pick your car up pay for a custom tune and be done with this. You and I both wanted Roush and the dealer to make things right and they aren’t going to. I literally have beat the living snot out of my car since the custom tune and not a single light has flashed and it feels so good. Just my opinion because I have been in your shoes just not as long.
Who tuned your car?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Do you have the fuel system installed yet?

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
Way to go! Glad you can finally enjoy your car.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Last update I got was actually from Tindol. They called to let me know Roush is sending out the Scanner and that they and the tech have used it before. She then went on to tell me she doesnt know when or how they sent it. I then told her the last time I offered to drive the car you refused me. my issue is i have told you exactly how to trigger the CEL and you told me you couldnt/wouldnt drive it that way. So knowing that, are you going to have me come drive the car? she paused and said she will have to talk about that with her supervisor when the scanner comes in.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Last update I got was actually from Tindol. They called to let me know Roush is sending out the Scanner and that they and the tech have used it before. She then went on to tell me she doesnt know when or how they sent it. I then told her the last time I offered to drive the car you refused me. my issue is i have told you exactly how to trigger the CEL and you told me you couldnt/wouldnt drive it that way. So knowing that, are you going to have me come drive the car? she paused and said she will have to talk about that with her supervisor when the scanner comes in.
Wow! Speechless yet again…

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
If a dealer will not let you drive your own damn car with a tech, I would tell them to kiss my ass. In fact, other than the tech who installed my SC, I have never had a tech drive my car without me with him. When I have had a issue with a car...any car...the service advisor has asked me to demonstrate the issue with a tech.

If the scanner doesn't yield results....a POSITIVE diagnosis and certain remedy....I hope you will either push for a buy-back or just consider it lesson learned and get the tune that Proshop has. If this situation is not a helluva mess, It will suffice until a helluva mess comes along.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
If a dealer will not let you drive your own damn car with a tech, I would tell them to kiss my ass. In fact, other than the tech who installed my SC, I have never had a tech drive my car without me with him. When I have had a issue with a car...any car...the service advisor has asked me to demonstrate the issue with a tech.

If the scanner doesn't yield results....a POSITIVE diagnosis and certain remedy....I hope you will either push for a buy-back or just consider it lesson learned and get the tune that Proshop has. If this situation is not a helluva mess, It will suffice until a helluva mess comes along.
If they dont get a solid diag it will be buy back time. I Have a 73 Mach1 i could throw money at instead. No CEL required lol.