Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Stage 1 Whipples with canned tune and 91/Boostane have gone 10.40@130

They have a warranty
Whipple has the worst warranty, and you have to pay $800.00 extra to get it. :thumbsdown:

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I gotta say guy's, coming from the perspective of someone who's raced 13 to 7sec cars, the idea that your going to be able to hot lap a Roush, EB, Whipple, VMP or any other PD blower car, without some sort of aid to cool it down is rediculous. I hear triple pass HE with fans, guy's thats a cooling aid allowing you to cycle fans and coolant to combat heat soak. Meth inj=aid, ice tank= aid. Shit, just take a fan with you to the track, point it at the HE and cycle the intercooler pump. If your upset that Roush doesn't offer fans on thier intercooler, don't buy it. Every car, no matter where, is capable of that hero pass, but to expect to be able to do that without some way to cool it back down is not being realistic. None of the options are optimal. The most effcient, my opinion, would be a Heat Exchanger with engine side mounted fans set to pull air through the HE during pit cool downs while allowing air to pass through freely while driving. I don't believe any of these kits were designed for drag race only purposes. Every one of them can be approved on. Some might work a little better than others but all offerings are capable. Any flaw in these systems can be overcome with a little innovation and a can do attitude.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I have been considering the AEM kit.... But I have also been looking at the VMP Triple Pass and an ice tank.... VMP actually recommended meth injection for my setup....
I was talking to a buddy on another forum that has a GT500, I forget which year, either a '13 or '14.
He runs an ice tank only when he goes to the track and says it works great for him and his car has high horsepower. I would think the VMP triple pass/dual fan HE would be ideal as well as an ice tank. (I think VMP has the front engine mount ice tank.)

***FOR THE RECORD***It doesn't affect me either way as I don't track or drag race my car at all. She's just a street cruiser.
It will be very interesting to see what Phase 2 brings. I'm guessing the HP/TQ numbers will be very close to those of the new GT500. I'm also curious if they do anything about the high temperature IAT2's.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Whipple has the worst warranty, and you have to pay $800.00 extra to get it. :thumbsdown:
Plus, I'm not positive on this, but I think it's a third party warranty company for WHipple, whereas Roush and Edelbrock stand behind their own warranties.
Don't quote me on this, but I "think" this is the case.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was talking to a buddy on another forum that has a GT500, I forget which year, either a '13 or '14.
He runs an ice tank only when he goes to the track and says it works great for him and his car has high horsepower. I would think the VMP triple pass/dual fan HE would be ideal as well as an ice tank. (I think VMP has the front engine mount ice tank.)

***FOR THE RECORD***It doesn't affect me either way as I don't track or drag race my car at all. She's just a street cruiser.
It will be very interesting to see what Phase 2 brings. I'm guessing the HP/TQ numbers will be very close to those of the new GT500. I'm also curious if they do anything about the high temperature IAT2's.
Yeah seems logical to me as far as the ice tank. Or meth for that matter.

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If I was con
An ice tank would be the ideal method to keep IAT2 temps cool for drag racing applications.

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The fastest door cars on the planet, running gas, have air to water intercoolers with an ice tank. There's are so big, there IAT2 temps can run below ambien temps.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I gotta say guy's, coming from the perspective of someone who's raced 13 to 7sec cars, the idea that your going to be able to hot lap a Roush, EB, Whipple, VMP or any other PD blower car, without some sort of aid to cool it down is rediculous. I hear triple pass HE with fans, guy's thats a cooling aid allowing you to cycle fans and coolant to combat heat soak. Meth inj=aid, ice tank= aid. Shit, just take a fan with you to the track, point it at the HE and cycle the intercooler pump. If your upset that Roush doesn't offer fans on thier intercooler, don't buy it. Every car, no matter where, is capable of that hero pass, but to expect to be able to do that without some way to cool it back down is not being realistic. None of the options are optimal. The most effcient, my opinion, would be a Heat Exchanger with engine side mounted fans set to pull air through the HE during pit cool downs while allowing air to pass through freely while driving. I don't believe any of these kits were designed for drag race only purposes. Every one of them can be approved on. Some might work a little better than others but all offerings are capable. Any flaw in these systems can be overcome with a little innovation and a can do attitude.

But we’re talking a 50 states compliment canned pump gas with a warranty kit?

Not a kit we wanna tinker with to make the banzai pass, I would like a above description kit and for it to go 10.80@128 without waiting 3 hours to repeat the pass?

I can buy a tuner kit and an ice tank and custom tune it into the 9’s. I dont want that, most guys don’t either.

I’d like a warrantied setup that performs on pump gas (boostane) and all these kits make the power to do it, yet in a warrantied configuration I don’t see too many going 10’s other then whipple.

Toy doctor himself has thrown every basic update to his roush, he hasn’t run 10’s and is a very smart guy.

Why should u have to throw the kitchen sink at it to run a 10.80 at 600rw in a boosted car when a bolt on NA setup will go 11.40 to 11.20 rather easily

I’m waiting to see what’s in store with the Phase 2, Once they release the info I’ll decide my best option

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The fastest door cars on the planet, running gas, have air to water intercoolers with an ice tank. There's are so big, there IAT2 temps can run below ambien temps.
We’re not talking race cars

There no reason on a cool night these setups with a cool down (20-30 min) shouldn’t run 10’s

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Plus, I'm not positive on this, but I think it's a third party warranty company for WHipple, whereas Roush and Edelbrock stand behind their own warranties.
Don't quote me on this, but I "think" this is the case.
Nope outside companies

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Why pay that?

Because the whipple Stage 2 on 93/Boostane runs 10.50@130+

Olasaunt has the video up in one of his threads, warrantied and 50 state compliment

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The bottom line

Let’s wait to see the Phase 2 kit

I’m very optimistic :like:

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase

Not a kit we wanna tinker with to make the banzai pass, I would like a above description kit and for it to go 10.80@128 without waiting 3 hours to repeat the pass?

I can buy a tuner kit and an ice tank and custom tune it into the 9’s. I dont want that, most guys don’t either.

I’d like a warrantied setup that performs on pump gas (boostane) and all these kits make the power to do it, yet in a warrantied configuration I don’t see too many going 10’s other then whipple.

Toy doctor himself has thrown every basic update to his roush, he hasn’t run 10’s and is a very smart guy.

Why should u have to throw the kitchen sink at it to run a 10.80 at 600rw in a boosted car when a bolt on NA setup will go 11.40 to 11.20 rather easily

I’m waiting to see what’s in store with the Phase 2, Once they release the info I’ll decide my best option
You can't run 10's without throwing the kitchen sink and blowing your warranty because your car is not made to run 10's from the factory! Only option for repeatable 10 second passes and warranty is a GT 500. The supplied tunes are lame so you don't break things, that's why they can offer a warranty. Stay stock if warranty is a concern or go with a reputable tuner and do all the supporting mods and send it! No ones blowing motors at your power goals. Personally if I had a A10 I'd do a full bolt on E85 setup and not worry about anything other than letting the fuel sit too long!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Why pay that?

Because the whipple Stage 2 on 93/Boostane runs 10.50@130+

Olasaunt has the video up in one of his threads, warrantied and 50 state compliment
Is that the same guy who whipple blew his engine with their shitting tune and the dealers had it for 3 months because, let’s face it, it is t their problem? Did he get back already?

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

My point here is that it can run that 10.8 you seek. It's been done. You've mentioned your home track ATCO and mine shaft air. A Roush P1 in ideal conditions has and should. If you wanna make another hero pass your likely gonna have to help it cool off. The Roush kit was not designed that way. Shit, if you just cycled the Intercooler pump, that would help. None off these kits is drag race specific.