Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
WOT passes on the highway it came on with out me knowing Ford pass sent me a notification. Stopped at a gas station for gas and when I left it had no check engine. About a half mile down after half throttle the light kicked back on. Drove back home with partial power as not to break anything.

BEECCAE0-4B1E-46CB-9289-0C15F0925416.jpeg
What's the diagnosis?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Hmm... I have an interest in this.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
In a way thats good news lol. makes me feel a little better that its just a tune issue and that nothing broke. Im taking mine to Tindol Ford in Gastonia NC. They claim to be the nations #1 Rosh dealership. The install was done in Ohio and taking back there is not an option.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
WOT passes on the highway it came on with out me knowing Ford pass sent me a notification. Stopped at a gas station for gas and when I left it had no check engine. About a half mile down after half throttle the light kicked back on. Drove back home with partial power as not to break anything.

BEECCAE0-4B1E-46CB-9289-0C15F0925416.jpeg
exact same thing i have. Stay tuned and lets see if we get the same story.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
In a way thats good news lol. makes me feel a little better that its just a tune issue and that nothing broke. Im taking mine to Tindol Ford in Gastonia NC. They claim to be the nations #1 Rosh dealership. The install was done in Ohio and taking back there is not an option.
Granger?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have been told by several tuners and local techs that the low pressure pump is marginal at best. It was the cause of my CEL shortly after installation. Dealer installed a DW400 and no issues since. He preferred the pump instead of a BAP.

Will be interesting to see what is causing some issues with the 2021s.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I’m finding that when I run the same engine loads and lambda as roush even the dw400 is inadequate. I can’t imagine the stock pump keeping up at all. You guys should consider logging fuel lift pressure desired, actual, and fuel lift pump duty cycle.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I’m finding that when I run the same engine loads and lambda as roush even the dw400 is inadequate. I can’t imagine the stock pump keeping up at all. You guys should consider logging fuel lift pressure desired, actual, and fuel lift pump duty cycle.
Haven’t been on the Forum long enough to know your mods yet. Are you running just stock SC and tune or do you have upgraded mods and tune?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Haven’t been on the Forum long enough to know your mods yet. Are you running just stock SC and tune or do you have upgraded mods and tune?
I have a Whipple, but I can change the pulley to run the same air flow/load as the roush.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I have a Whipple, but I can change the pulley to run the same air flow/load as the roush.
I understand! Mine is currently stock with just Roush SC and tune and will probably stay that way for awhile because of the warranty after that is a whole different story. I’ll let Ford and Roush figure out the issues until they are all fixed or it will end up right back at the dealership until it is.

Tucaz520

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1973 mach 1, 2021 GT
Beechmont Ford.
I actually called a few Ford dealerships here in Charlotte and they all laughed at me when i said i wanted a supercharger and warranty.
I have faith that Tindal being a Roush dealership will be able to figure it out.