Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
not normal either for 50’s. I’ve never seen those temps
So what would be the first thing you'd look at? CHT were 200ish. There's fluid in the HE tank, I'm sure the pump is working since temps come down if I kick the fan on the HE

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
So what would be the first thing you'd look at? CHT were 200ish. There's fluid in the HE tank, I'm sure the pump is working since temps come down if I kick the fan on the HE
CHT's in my experience aren't any different then when I was stock. It's IAT2's that you want to monitor.

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
CHT's in my experience aren't any different then when I was stock. It's IAT2's that you want to monitor.
Gotcha. Just trying to think would could cause my temps to be higher than other people's in the same outside temps. I could try seeing if there is any air in my lines but I feel that would have worked itself out by now

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I think that your Roush 2650 will have iat2 if 95-115F regardless of what ambient is while cruising and not in boost. I’ve been doing analyzing for months and that’s my conclusion. I’m also suspicious that the killer chiller wouldn’t change that scenario because my intercooler fluid doesn’t get warm at all unless I get into boost.
roast me
Suspicious? Living in Florida with a Killer Chiller does make all the difference. IAT2s are at ambient unless I'm stopped at a light and then they rise 8-10 degrees. So yes your roasted.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha. Just trying to think would could cause my temps to be higher than other people's in the same outside temps. I could try seeing if there is any air in my lines but I feel that would have worked itself out by now
Depends. If those were cruising around speeds after making some pulls it's high. If it's the temps when you parked it after the pull then that's normal.

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
Depends. If those were cruising around speeds after making some pulls it's high. If it's the temps when you parked it after the pull then that's normal.
108 was just cruising at 60mph last night before any pulls, the pull would hit 130 and would almost instantly fall back to 108. The car parked and off showed a IAT2 of 160 lol, and then would show 130 as soon as I started it.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I will tell you this... I've never had a car pull on me on the street. Last run I had was against a modded hellcat in low 80's from 80mph and he was at my back tire and fading towards the end of the run. On phase 1 i took a awd amg from a dig to 120mph in similar temps on phase 1 with the larger ltr. 420 has had the same success in Arizona at highway speeds. So it's a complete fail at the track but you should be able to run cars in your hp range and weight. temps should stay within reason while getting good airflow

donlx90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, JK Wrangler, 2019 Road King Special 114
Check the fluid temp in the degas bottle. There’s not much heat being exchanged unless you’re beating on it

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Nsinclair, I am surprised that your iat2 is running 108-115 while cruising in 55 degree weather. Mine would be in the mid 90s and would not vary much at all. Open the throttle a bit (letting more outside air through the TB) and iat2 comes down a couple of degrees. Back off and coast (so less air is going through the TB) and the temps goes up a couple of degrees.

When I first got my SC installed, it was in the 20s and I was seeing iat2 in the 80s. I thought that was too high and my tech agreed. He contacted Roush and they authorized a new pump. By the time we got that installed, the outside temps were in the 40s and iat2 was still running mid 80s....about the same as when outside temps were in the 20s. I am not sure the new pump made a difference or if a certain minimum temp is just the way it is.

The absolute highest iat2 I have ever seen with the engine running was 140 and that was going through the traps at 125 mph on an 80 degree day.

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
Nsinclair, I am surprised that your iat2 is running 108-115 while cruising in 55 degree weather. Mine would be in the mid 90s and would not vary much at all. Open the throttle a bit (letting more outside air through the TB) and iat2 comes down a couple of degrees. Back off and coast (so less air is going through the TB) and the temps goes up a couple of degrees.

When I first got my SC installed, it was in the 20s and I was seeing iat2 in the 80s. I thought that was too high and my tech agreed. He contacted Roush and they authorized a new pump. By the time we got that installed, the outside temps were in the 40s and iat2 was still running mid 80s....about the same as when outside temps were in the 20s. I am not sure the new pump made a difference or if a certain minimum temp is just the way it is.

The absolute highest iat2 I have ever seen with the engine running was 140 and that was going through the traps at 125 mph on an 80 degree day.
Guess I'll be calling Roush to see if they'll warranty me a new pump

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

I'm believing after all the chat from many pages back that the Roush pump isn't up to snuff.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
It is 30 degrees here this morning. I just drove 20 miles on the interstate at 75-80. Once fully warmed up, coolant temp was 186, CHT was 194 and iat2 was 71.

Nsinclair, I am not saying you need a new pump. It wouldn't hurt to contact Roush and see what they say, though.

DLVRYMN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It is 30 degrees here this morning. I just drove 20 miles on the interstate at 75-80. Once fully warmed up, coolant temp was 186, CHT was 194 and iat2 was 71.

Nsinclair, I am not saying you need a new pump. It wouldn't hurt to contact Roush and see what they say, though.
Not sure what the answer is to these high IAT2s but Roush owes everyone a solution.

Nsinclair

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP
Not sure what the answer is to these high IAT2s but Roush owes everyone a solution.
Just went for another drive, IAT2 is consistently climbing. It's 75 today, started averaging 90s, then 105, then 120. Just parked at 130.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Whenever I find something to be way out of line of what others are reporting. I first look at the tool that I am using to retrieve the report, just to verify that it is working properly. We've all had sensors go bad before, and without good troubleshooting, assumed it was some other major part.