Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I'm thinking of leaving the state once I retire.
That won't be for another 19 years though. lol (Full retirement @ 67 years old.)
I look at my parents and all their friends that live up north or back east but then have a 2nd place here and wonder what am I doing wrong with my life that I don't have 2 houses :crazy:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I look at my parents and all their friends that live up north or back east but then have a 2nd place here and wonder what am I doing wrong with my life that I don't have 2 houses :crazy:
LMFAO
Yeah,....that's a nice life. lol You lived out in the Northeast in the past?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
LMFAO
Yeah,....that's a nice life. lol You lived out in the Northeast in the past?
Oh no born and raised here. But my parents live in like a retirement/ resort community and seems all of their friends and neighbors there have primary residences in like Chicago, NYC, Colorado or Canada and then just do winters here in their 2nd homes. So basically they are only on nice climates year round. #AdultingIsHard

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Oh no born and raised here. But my parents live in like a retirement/ resort community and seems all of their friends and neighbors there have primary residences in like Chicago, NYC, Colorado or Canada and then just do winters here in their 2nd homes. So basically they are only on nice climates year round. #AdultingIsHard
HA HAAAAAAAAA
That's the life. Good stuff. Hard work pays off.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you go to my page you can see me make an easy peasy 10.8@138mph pass on a dusty virgin 2 lane....1.93 60ft 3.6 0-60mph....at 27psi in tires...no special burnout or track bite nothing....just slowed down stopped quick 1 second clean off pull forward and run....these cars hook great on the street with a 2650tvs....3.15 geared...
Put your car in S after you stop, up paddle to 2nd...leave and then when you pass the area you think it will not kick back down shift to D ( having toggle in drag mode)...
I have rear shocks, irs locators ( bushings) , and cradle lockout with a straight line centric alignment only...and im fat as hell....Premium car weighs every bit of 4400lbs....Shell 93....these cars are amazing....the 2650tvs rotor pack is perfect for daily use imho........

I have a car that has to have the dyno plug unplugged to stop some of the complaints I see here like throttle closing after shift ( not IAT related ) short shifting, timing pulling, BUT worst of all it will go into enleanment if it thinks its spinning. I have zero idea how this engine is still alive its seen full boost at lambda several times before I figured it out.....

Keep on keeping on, im trying soon to rig a timed relay so that mine will run the IC pump and fan 3 minutes after shut down and when I open door as well....

Also just added a resonated X pipe mid muffler back to hell with all the loudness..... everyone have a safe weekend...on pump with octane limitations, i don't see a hill of beans difference between anyone's eaton 2650tvs rotor packs till the induction side is a limit
lol.. you’re braver than me. We have too many wildlife around here. I got a bird and squirrel on the same run last time and that’s no joke going 120mph. The bird exploded. I had to dig feathers out of my intake filter.
0AE4BF85-C43E-4D89-89A7-3C16A833385A.png

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
lol.. you’re braver than me. We have too many wildlife around here. I got a bird and squirrel on the same run last time and that’s no joke going 120mph. The bird exploded. I had to dig feathers out of my intake filter.
0AE4BF85-C43E-4D89-89A7-3C16A833385A.png
Oh damn like literally!!!

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well I blew way too much money in my late 20’s to my late 30’s and unfortunately I can only have one place, I sold my house in 2009 and started investing in 2010, I’m pretty good At this moment but should have twice as much as I have, oh well live and learn.

But......

My girl and I were gonna go to Fl in 2024, but we decided we’re gonna retire in 2022

So it looks like I’m heading to Delray Beach in Jan 2022, gonna rent for a yr, See if we like it enough to buy a 55+ Condo the following yr.

If we get homesick it’s back to Bucks County, Pa and the 4 seasons but I have a funny feeling after 2022 I won’t be coming back:clap:
F359E0B7-EDE7-4AA0-AB4E-026A3DD40775.jpeg

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Happy 4th guys :) 1 year after this thread started!

almost :)

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I have the 2018+ roush Phase 1 cal loaded up in hptuners if anyone has specific question about “what’s in the box”. I have stock, Whipple, and gt500 as well.

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
So, I emailed Roush last week about any updates for my car along with my VIN.
Gavin got back to me and told me there were updates for my car and said that they would be free of charge from both Roush and the dealership. Roush pays the dealership to do them.
He wouldn't/couldn't tell me what the updates were unfortunately. I asked him a couple of times. I'm not so sure that I want to mess with the car anyways. It runs, so good right now. Plus, I HATE, HATE, HATE bringing my car to the dealership. Haven't done that in like 10 years now. We'll see.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
So, I emailed Roush last week about any updates for my car along with my VIN.
Gavin got back to me and told me there were updates for my car and said that they would be free of charge from both Roush and the dealership. Roush pays the dealership to do them.
He wouldn't/couldn't tell me what the updates were unfortunately. I asked him a couple of times. I'm not so sure that I want to mess with the car anyways. It runs, so good right now. Plus, I HATE, HATE, HATE bringing my car to the dealership. Haven't done that in like 10 years now. We'll see.
They are tight lipped about exactly what their updates do. It would be nice to know if they are worthwhile.

I was like you regarding dealerships until I met the tech who installed my SC. Now, I deal directly with him totally bypassing the service writers. I set the appointment with him and take my car directly to his stall. When finished, he parks it in a safe area where it will not get dinged. Excellent arrangement.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
They are tight lipped about exactly what their updates do. It would be nice to know if they are worthwhile.

I was like you regarding dealerships until I met the tech who installed my SC. Now, I deal directly with him totally bypassing the service writers. I set the appointment with him and take my car directly to his stall. When finished, he parks it in a safe area where it will not get dinged. Excellent arrangement.
Yeah, it would be great if they could tell you what exactly the updates are. I'm sure they know, I just don't know why they don't say? lol

That's a really sweet set-up you have with your tech. If I could do that, I would feel a lot better about it. My mechanics treat my vehicles that way and they know how I am so, they respect that.
I'll maybe have to take a drive one day to the local Roush dealership and see if I can speak with their Roush guy.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Yea I’m very happy with my tech and the service guy I deal with too, There car guys and understand how I feel about my GT

Looking forward to getting the Revised Cal soon. Hoping it fixes the trans strategy, everything else with the tune is great.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I am happy with the way my current cal handles heat. Some guys say their fans come on when opening a door and maybe a couple of other little things my car doesn't do. Will be interesting to see if the new cal does anything other than trans tuning.