Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
No consistent delay but yes that has happened on occasion. Mine downshifts with a nice tap of the accelerator. Just like stock. I don't have all these tranny problems (except 123mph bug) in normal. My modes SUCK ASSSS with jerks, surges, confussion, and etc., but normal is pretty much like stock. Quick responsive, nice up and downshifts. So much so that I can make it backfire on demand with a quick pump making downshift and then upshift all on it's own within a moment
Did you use the modes alot back when NA? Personally would be annoyed losing the fun of those. Normal is the one I refuse to use unless getting the car up to operating temps lol.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The H-pipe or X pipe bring the tone and the axle backs ramp up the volume.
The other way around other than maybe a little deeper with an H but I've heard both (I have the X) paired with a Roush ab from outside the car and the difference is minimal if any. Inside the car you hear a difference but not much outside the car. Which is why you get more drone with the H.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you use the modes alot back when NA? Personally would be annoyed losing the fun of those. Normal is the one I refuse to use unless getting the car up to operating temps lol.
Yes I only drove in drag mode all the time when stock. . The modes are great if your making a strong run but you can't just can't cruise around in them on mine. The bucking at cruising around speeds while the tranny is trying to figure if it wants to downshift, stay downshifted or up shift is unlivable. But Ford says you're not supposed to drive around in those modes anyways so I guess it s ok.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Wow, I wouldn't have dreamed of using drag or track modes as a daily when stock. Engine was always wound up, shifts barked the tires and throttle was a hair trigger.
I am not sure if our cars are all different or our perceptions are all different. As a daily, just bumming around as a commuter at gentle throttle, I like things reasonably smooth, engine rpms lower, and pretty civilized behavior. I save the hi jinks for the open country roads. Maybe others like things much more aggressive all the time.

Unlike when stock, Drag and track modes now are much more docile. They just aren't as effective when you REALLY want them.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, I wouldn't have dreamed of using drag or track modes as a daily when stock. Engine was always wound up, shifts barked the tires and throttle was a hair trigger.
I am not sure if our cars are all different or our perceptions are all different. As a daily, just bumming around as a commuter at gentle throttle, I like things reasonably smooth, engine rpms lower, and pretty civilized behavior. I save the hi jinks for the open country roads. Maybe others like things much more aggressive all the time.

Unlike when stock, Drag and track modes now are much more docile. They just aren't as effective when you REALLY want them.
Mine's a toy. I daily my malibu or avalanche.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yes I only drove in drag mode all the time when stock. . The modes are great if your making a strong run but you can't just can't cruise around in them on mine. The bucking at cruising around speeds while the tranny is trying to figure if it wants to downshift, stay downshifted or up shift is unlivable. But Ford says you're not supposed to drive around in those modes anyways so I guess it s ok.
If you take the modes out of the equation, how is the behavior if just paddle shifting?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)

Well not drag per say for daily, as that's really only effective at WOT. But def track or at least sport plus. Even if just cruising/ commuting with light paddling.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you take the modes out of the equation, how is the behavior if just paddle shifting?
Paddle shifting is just fine. Acts just like stock but I haven't found a need to use them for more than downshifting before a 60-130 roll or to get above 123mph

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I like them also and had a plan to first install the Steeda and then install the Roush as a test..... but I didn't after hearing people complain that the Roush set too low for them. If I find a used decently priced set, I will still do the comparison test.
Hell yeah brother!!!!!
I'm planning on the Roush full catback on my car at some point. The full catback with the X pipe, not the axleback. (Probably when I go back to work full time again. Gotta give my buddy Nick an email to get the discounts! :like:)
I had the Roush exhaust on my last Stage 3 car and it sounded glorious. Super loud at startup and when you get it on the "GO" pedal. NASTY! :muscle:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hell yeah brother!!!!!
I'm planning on the Roush full catback on my car at some point. The full catback with the X pipe, not the axleback. (Probably when I go back to work full time again. Gotta give my buddy Nick an email to get the discounts! :like:)
I had the Roush exhaust on my last Stage 3 car and it sounded glorious. Super loud at startup and when you get it on the "GO" pedal. NASTY! :muscle:
Question but why are you buying a full cat back when all you have to do is throw on a $100 xpipe? You already have the Roush axle back. It's standard on all Roush stage 2 and 3 cars.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Question but why are you buying a full cat back when all you have to do is throw on a $100 xpipe? You already have the Roush axle back.
Instead of cutting it up, just replace the whole system.
Not sure this is the axle backs on the Roush cars. It's loud, but not even nearly as loud as my last Roush. I don't have the active exhaust on this car. The only option I didn't get on this car. It would have been a waste of 3k for me, I would leave in TRACK mode at all times anyways. :giggle: (I think it's a 3k option, not positive.)

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Instead of cutting it up, just replace the whole system.
Not sure this is the axle backs on the Roush cars. It's loud, but not even nearly as loud as my last Roush. I don't have the active exhaust on this car. The only option I didn't get on this car. It would have been a waste of 3k for me, I would leave in TRACK mode at all times anyways. :giggle: (I think it's a 3k option, not positive.)
Yes they put their Regular axleback on their cars that do not have Active Exhaust. It's standard. If you want it louder just do a resonator delete. Won't cost much at all and will sound exponentially louder and better. It's what I have.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes they put their Regular axleback on their cars that do not have Active Exhaust. It's standard. If you want it louder just do a resonator delete. Won't cost much at all and will sound exponentially louder and better. It's what I have.
I thought about it, but I want the "full free flowing exhaust", (minus better flowing headers of course), and that X pipe. Way better flow and a lot cleaner.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about it, but I want the "full free flowing exhaust", (minus better flowing headers of course), and that X pipe. Way better flow and a lot cleaner.
Its the exact same thing. there's literally no difference other than a much lighter pocket. You will still have stock headers and stock cats. Unless you're talking Active Exhaust

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Its the exact same thing. there's literally no difference other than a much lighter pocket. You will still have stock headers and stock cats. Unless you're talking Active Exhaust
Ummmmmm,............I'm not so sure.
I think the Roush full catback is wider in diameter, plus the X pipe, PLUS, the better quality than the stock exhaust. It's a win-win.
If you're concerned about cost,....I'm not. lol