Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
So wanted to pick the brains of the guys running the p2 for a bit now. Here is my dilemma. There's a 20 gt non pp prem available at a local dealership. Priced very well especially with the 0% offers they have going. After a Roush p2 added to it I would in theory be out the door with a lower payment than my current 18 gt prem pp1. Current car is pushing 516whp/454wtq running e85 with lth, flex tune etc and support suspension/ other mods. It has been a working mod proj but dd for its life. Primary 3yr warranty is up in a couple months. Would the 3.15 in the non pp car on the p2 tune with 91 feel a little sluggish out of the gate in comparison? Here in AZ not only do we have heat but best standard pump is 91. We have e54 flex fuel in some areas with real e85 at only a couple places. If I went with the new car, I'd stay warranty friendly mods during the build at least at first. So all factors considered, and with all of your experience with the p2 (who knows when the new cal they are coming out with will be available) what path is more appealing? Keep modding existing, or start from scratch with the boosted option? Running 10s full weight would be appealing, especially with full warranty period available.
Do you go to the strip? What are your times?

I have the P2 now with 3.55’s. My best run on 20” bald radials is a 11.37 at 126 with a 1.9 60’. On the street it’s taken down hellcats and Z06’s.

P1 in the summer was a dog. 11.9 at 118. Haven’t run P2 in the heat yet but it feels much better on the street.

3.15’s might help with traction and would definitely prevent the 6-7 shift on the strip.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

I have the P2 now with 3.55’s. My best run on 20” bald radials is a 11.37 at 126 with a 1.9 60’. On the street it’s taken down hellcats and Z06’s.

P1 in the summer was a dog. 11.9 at 118. Haven’t run P2 in the heat yet but it feels much better on the street.

3.15’s might help with traction and would definitely prevent the 6-7 shift on the strip.
Thanks for the feedback. Haven't run it since the tire upgrades and CF DS last season. Best previous was 11.26(pb, not consistent yet) but would think 11 teens possible once Dec rolls around (if I keep her) as is. Some additional minor weight reductions maybe 10.9 but that's probably optimistic.

You raise a good point on the 3.15, so may not necessarily be a negative.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Also curious to see how the p2 handles our July and Aug which as you know can be brutal lol.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the feedback. Haven't run it since the tire upgrades and CF DS last season. Best previous was 11.26 but would think 11 teens possible once Dec rolls around (if I keep her) as is. Some additional minor weight reductions maybe 10.9 but that's probably optimistic.

You raise a good point on the 3.15, so may not necessarily be a negative.
I think you would really enjoy the torque of the P2 Roush on a new 2020 but be very disappointed with the tuning. Non-pp wouldn't make much a difference. Might actually see some benefit from the weight reduction. Modes mostly suck on P2 but there are no question a difference in power and torque to the wheels and more aggressive trans tuning in certain modes.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
How much would you get for your 2018? Usually trading in cars within a year or two means taking a loss, but with the availability of the 0% finance offers, this might lessen the loss some. Will you be able to transfer the suspension and possibly any other mods..if not, then that is something you will probably factor in when you begin modding a newer car. Once you experienced upgraded/modded, it can be hard to go back. You have elevation, and that will help lessen the need for anything over the 91 that you have available. I can't answer the question about the gears, as I have a manual car and 3.55 gears.

So wanted to pick the brains of the guys running the p2 for a bit now. Here is my dilemma. There's a 20 gt non pp prem available at a local dealership. Priced very well especially with the 0% offers they have going. After a Roush p2 added to it I would in theory be out the door with a lower payment than my current 18 gt prem pp1. Current car is pushing 516whp/454wtq running e85 with lth, flex tune etc and support suspension/ other mods. It has been a working mod proj but dd for its life. Primary 3yr warranty is up in a couple months. Would the 3.15 in the non pp car on the p2 tune with 91 feel a little sluggish out of the gate in comparison? Here in AZ not only do we have heat but best standard pump is 91. We have e54 flex fuel in some areas with real e85 at only a couple places. If I went with the new car, I'd stay warranty friendly mods during the build at least at first. So all factors considered, and with all of your experience with the p2 (who knows when the new cal they are coming out with will be available) what path is more appealing? Keep modding existing, or start from scratch with the boosted option? Running 10s full weight would be appealing, especially with full warranty period available.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Yes. I get an exempt sticker every year on mine because I don't go over 5,000 miles. I never had an emissions test yet on it. I may go with Kook's cat delete pipes and just do away with the cats, but talking to Lund this morning, they told me I don't need a tune revision for it. Just remove them and go.
Don't they still do a visual check even if the car is emissions exempt? I know some counties like Perry county don't require emissions checks at all.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ok here’s the info

Maple Grove Raceway is 67 miles away
Cecil County Raceway is 69 miles away

Either track is an hour-ish away, I only like rentals so it looks like I’m ok because I know guys will rent one of the tracks

Maple grove 541ft Above Seal Level
Cecil 341ft Above Sea Level

Atco’s 67ft but still the other tracks aren't too bad, Maple Grove is beautiful, never race at Cecil

Last edited:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Don't they still do a visual check even if the car is emissions exempt? I know some counties like Perry county don't require emissions checks at all.
I decided against getting the Kook's cat delete piping and just knock the cats out and put the piping back on. Since I'm always under 5,000 miles per year, if they do a visual (the guy at the garage never mentioned either way), my "shell" of the cats will still be there, but be empty. Something last year went through the Pennsylvania House of Representatives and passed stating that vehicles 8 yrs old and newer would no longer need emissions testing, but I don't know what happened after that.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That’s my dilemma if I did go cat delete then visually I would fail even under 5k

I would never gut cats cause I’d wanna put them back on if I got rid of the car

So I’m patiently waiting for the revised Roush tune and staying legal and warrantied:like:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
That’s my dilemma if I did go cat delete then visually I would fail even under 5k

I would never gut cats cause I’d wanna put them back on if I got rid of the car

So I’m patiently waiting for the revised Roush tune and staying legal and warrantied:like:
Well, there is that, yes. i bought new wheels and tires for it that I didn't need and while it's on jack stands, I'm going to at the very least have a look at the cats to see if they started melting.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well, there is that, yes. i bought new wheels and tires for it that I didn't need and while it's on jack stands, I'm going to at the very least have a look at the cats to see if they started melting.
For sure, if their on there way out, hollow them suckers

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
Just dropped by car off for the supercharger install. I'm so excited and can't wait for it to get finished.

I saw previous posts you guys using OBD scanner to see IAT2. What products do you guys recommend? I tried search button and for some reason it giving me error.
Does it also show the actual engine oil temps as well? And other than IAT2, what should I mainly look for?

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
You can just buy a ngauge and use it with your stock tune for around $450. It will monitor all the values you want.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I think you would really enjoy the torque of the P2 Roush on a new 2020 but be very disappointed with the tuning. Non-pp wouldn't make much a difference. Might actually see some benefit from the weight reduction. Modes mostly suck on P2 but there are no question a difference in power and torque to the wheels and more aggressive trans tuning in certain modes.
So, in your opinion, do you think the Phase 2 kit is worth it or not really?
In reading your post here, it seems not really worth the time and money for it.