Sponsored

Question for anyone that runs an aftermarket crank

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
Yo all,

I'm getting around to building a short block I've had sitting for a while. It includes a Callies compstar crank; the snout is super deep and the stock length balancer bolt won't even touch the threads. Anyone run an aftermarket crank with the same situation that could point me in the right direction? I know it's the stock size (m12x1.5) as the kinetic crank saver stud will thread in easily, however it's not long enough to actually utilize.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yo all,

I'm getting around to building a short block I've had sitting for a while. It includes a Callies compstar crank; the snout is super deep and the stock length balancer bolt won't even touch the threads. Anyone run an aftermarket crank with the same situation that could point me in the right direction? I know it's the stock size (m12x1.5) as the kinetic crank saver stud will thread in easily, however it's not long enough to actually utilize.
Call Kinetic.

OP
OP
Nctong01

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
Call Kinetic.
I contacted them. It was a weekend and the block was sitting on a stand, waiting for that. I didn't think it'd be an issue to see if anyone had run their crank prior so I could get one ordered and things moving again.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Have a callies and kinetic as well, in for the answer, still a bit before I put everything together.

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anybody ever get a good answer from Callies or figure something out?

I called them recently and it wasn't an impressive conversation. First I was told I can use the stock bolt. When I explained the thread is not M12 but 1/2-20 the guidance was to buy a grade 8 bolt from ace hardware. After some pushback I was told to buy a 1/2 stud from ARP and cut it to length.
Sponsored