Sponsored

Question about FR Borla Sport axle back

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
In installed these axle backs with Steeda’s H pipe. They sound great, except from 2200-2700 rpms when moderately accelerating. In that rpm range the sound gets high then drops back off to a super nice tone all the way up through the rpm range.

Will adding their resonator smooth that out? Thanks jf
Sponsored

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
yep, use the magnaflow resonated x pipe. it is glorious

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
In installed these axle backs with Steeda’s H pipe. They sound great, except from 2200-2700 rpms when moderately accelerating. In that rpm range the sound gets high then drops back off to a super nice tone all the way up through the rpm range.

Will adding their resonator smooth that out? Thanks jf
Somewhat, but it will also reduce the volume considerably.

OP
OP
JCFoster

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Installed the magnaflow resonated x pipe this afternoon, definitely quieted it down. Very impressed with the Magnaflow. Equivalent to putting a suppressor on a 556. I think it’s back to stock levels, without the cabin noise of the oe resonator. Was kinda pointless to go from stock to H pipe to FR Borla sport to Magnaflow resonator. But, now I’ve got the t-shirt.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
i have that exact set up and didnt experience anything like this. Weird but glad you got what you wanted

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I have the FR performance Borla touring axle back mufflers. I just installed a steeda H-pipe this weekend. From inside the cabin, the best way i can describe it is "blatty" when you get into it. IDK if that makes sense. From outside, the car sounds great, and you don't hear the "blat" when your getting on it. Had my buddy do some passes and pulls. It really sounds awesome in both instances. But for some reason inside the car you hear that blattyness. My only guess is that the high frequency sounds reflect better and travel faster so that is what you hear more of from inside, while from outside you get the more complete sound. Thinking about what i can do to curb the blat while inside the cabin so i very much appreciate the thread.
Sponsored