Sponsored

GT350 Borla Sport/Touring axle backs (Quad-Tips) - Help

DeuceDaTruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT-Roush Stg2 | 2016 Aprilia RSv4 RF
I have a set of tourings at the moment on a 16' GT with a GT350 valance. So heres the story.

Bought the first set from a vendor and they were sport versions. My car is boosted with a 70MM pulley on a Roush kit. JLT Big Air Cold Air and Palm Beach 68mm Throttle body. I have a H pipe with no resonator and long tubes with no cats (2.5in all the way back). The first set blew out on me, lots of back pressure and began rattling. So I sent a support ticket and was helped. A new set was shipped, which they even changed to touring for me (I was hoping for a deeper sound). Got the new set and drove a while. Probably a month in, the driver side muffler again blew out (rattle can). They sent me a replacement.

Fast forward to today. I just don't like the sound of them and feel like they are really raspy and cold starts are super loud. I'm trying to determine if I should get some built and they are just not holding up, or if its tune related, or something. I've had exhaust leaks prior and fixed those, but the sound doesn't improve. I spoke with support and they said the boost shouldn't be an issue.

Hopefully I have explained enough. I can make a video too if needed. I was hoping for more of a deep old school sound with this setup. My buddy recommended Spintech or Dynamax, but I wanted to get you all opinion on what I should do.
Sponsored

Last edited: