Quarter window replacement price??

TrainedS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Has anyone had a rear quarter window replaced? I believe one of mine may be leaking and was wondering what kinda money to have it replaced.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Total price will depend on who is replacing it, Ford vs stand alone body shop vs Glass Repair shop.

It's labor intensive, as the rear interior plastic on the affected side has to be removed from the car in order to R&R the fixed window from the body.

If the 1/4 glass is the standard glass with only the rubber encapsulation, don't settle for used, it won't conform to the body correctly.

I've seen the COUPE, LH (Driver) rear 1/4 glass w/ standard black trim, as high as $420 and as low as $280 from this link (Tasca Ford):
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-quarter-glass-jr3z6329711a

Search this Ford part # via Google and you'll see all the "hits"
Ford Part #: 6329711

Your total price installed depending on retail price of the glass, shop chosen to do the work and State taxes could be upwards of $800-$1k.

If you have a Safelite Dealer in your area, call and get a quote from them. They specialize in glass repairs and their pricing may be far less than Ford or a Body Shop.

OP
OP
TrainedS550

TrainedS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Total price will depend on who is replacing it, Ford vs stand alone body shop vs Glass Repair shop.

It's labor intensive, as the rear interior plastic on the affected side has to be removed from the car in order to R&R the fixed window from the body.

If the 1/4 glass is the standard glass with only the rubber encapsulation, don't settle for used, it won't conform to the body correctly.

I've seen the COUPE, LH (Driver) rear 1/4 glass w/ standard black trim, as high as $420 and as low as $280 from this link (Tasca Ford):
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-quarter-glass-jr3z6329711a

Search this Ford part # via Google and you'll see all the "hits"
Ford Part #: 6329711

Your total price installed depending on retail price of the glass, shop chosen to do the work and State taxes could be upwards of $800-$1k.

If you have a Safelite Dealer in your area, call and get a quote from them. They specialize in glass repairs and their pricing may be far less than Ford or a Body Shop.
Thank you for the answer, very informative. I actually done just that and got a quote from safelite that came out to around $550. I'm assuming the new one will include new rubber as well?? I have also seen the oem part new on ebay for $197 both sides. Looks to be from a high reviewed seller as well. Would that be a safe route in your opinion?

OP
OP
TrainedS550

TrainedS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Also, alittle bit of supporting information, this is just a worst case shot. I may have a rear leak as I noticed some streaking on the rear panel inside under the quarter window. It could have been caused by a poor detail job though. Maybe streaks from a cleaning product not wiped off. Going to monitor it before jumping to conclusions.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt you can hand a shop some part you bought some where. And expect them to install and warranty the installation.

I would not can tell you that, to much it almost fits shit out here. That could end up being nothing but a big headache.

Think ronco lol, hopefully it was just a sloppy detail guy at work...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thank you for the answer, very informative. I actually done just that and got a quote from safelite that came out to around $550. I'm assuming the new one will include new rubber as well?? I have also seen the oem part new on ebay for $197 both sides. Looks to be from a high reviewed seller as well. Would that be a safe route in your opinion?
The rear 1/4 glass is one unit. The rubber encapsulates the glass itself and is sold as a single unit.

That is a good price from Safelite. Did they tell you the brand of glass they would be installing (Carlite or PGW)?

Here's some S550 glass facts I've posted in another thread and will repost here for future reference:

---

The front, rear and side glass on an S550 can be Carlite or PGW from the factory (depends on model year, as some have a mix of both, or only 1 brand). My 2018 is Carlite front and rear, while all sides is PGW and is original to the vehicle as built.

———

Fact 1:
PPG was owned by PGW. PGW (Pittsburgh Glass Works) was sold off by PPG, because PPG was getting out of the glass business. PGW was bought and owned by LKQ Corp. in March 2016. There were (2) divisions, the aftermarket and OEM. LKQ then sold off the OEM business portion to Vitro in December 2016 and retained the aftermarket division.

https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/...market-glass-world-with-635m-purchase-of-pgw/

https://www.repairerdrivennews.com/...auto-glass-business-of-pgw-to-vitro-for-310m/

———
Fact 2:
The S550 rear 1/4 windows, the rubber surround is not installed by PGW or Carlite - that is an encapsulation process that is completed by another vendor. I know this as fact, as I had lengthy correspondence between me and a Carlite Rep regarding the driver side rear 1/4 window on my prior 2016.

The rubber surround on the original 2016 1/4 glass kept curling under and was totally distorted. When my Dealer had put in for a warranty replacement, Ford denied it first time. I then reached out directly to Carlite and sent pics and the Rep stated it should be replaced under warranty and it was defective. He proceeded to tell me that the rubber gasket or surround is not done by Carlite, the glass is sent out to another location for encapsulation and Carlite pays for that expense. Ford eventually replaced my 2016 1/4 under warranty after better pics were sent in and the rubber concern statement used was “distortion”.

———
Fact 3:
This was also passed along to me:
The Carlite “brand” is owned by Ford from when Ford used to be in the glass business years ago. At some point, Ford divested itself of its internal suppliers and decided to get product from the outside market. Carlite was spun off to Visteon and eventually Visteon sold the glass business to a private company, who eventually sold to Central Glass in Japan. Central Glass retained rights to make and distribute glass with the Carlite branding and the Ford logo on it; today this company is now known as Carlex Glass America.
Sponsored

Last edited: