quarter mile times

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Mark my words on this...

An auto 3.55 with weight reduction (3,650ish lbs with driver), LT's, exhaust, intake and tune on DR's with lighter wheels will be an absolute rocket.

11.60's @ 120 is my guess in good air.
Agreed. Your combo is what I am aiming for in the future. Gotta try to get some stock runs in come this Spring when it warms up and my local track opens.
Sponsored

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
I've never had a problem on the strip taking down the manuals even ones that on paper should have beat me with a HP advantage. :D :D :D
I agree. That goes back to what I said it's all in how good the driver is. I have done the same thing more power does not mean you have a definite win :D

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I agree. That goes back to what I said it's all in how good the driver is. I have done the same thing more power does not mean you have a definite win :D
Very true. One of the best "mods" you can do for your car is the driver mod. Learning what your car can and can't do and how far you can push it pays off. I'm still learning my GT at just over 1100 miles. I get a little more comfortable with it every day. :)

Nye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just heard NASCAR's are switching over to AT next year...

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
any one who argues manuals are faster is a total retard.. im just going to leave it at that.. and a perfect example of this is the comparison of the viper and the SLS AMG. the viper has more power and less weight.. but why does the AMG win?? because it has an incredible 7 speed auto.

That viper needs a driver mod ,Randy Pobst has no idea what he is doing. We need to send any one of our mustang6g manual loyalist to bring out the TRUE potential of that viper.

Sponsored

Melekith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm quite eager to see what I can do with my manual and the 3.31 gears, which...may just be the worst combination to have. On street tires and with only a catback...I think I'd be thrilled to see a 13.4XX

I don't know maybe I'm not giving myself (or the car) enough credit...

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Manny Alvarez of HPP Racing in Lewisville, Texas ran a [email protected] on 18" drag radials. Full weight full optioned car. Ran a low 10 in houston on the 20's

[ame]

Mods are:
Kb 3.6l blower
cat deletes
magnaflow street catback
dss driveshaft
dss half shafts
Hpp Racing fuel system for e85
Id2000
billet oil pump gears
18" drag radials.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
All these gear rowers on here could have gone 8's on that car.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Lets go back a few years ... 30+ years ago a four speed car were always a tenth and a half faster than a 3 auto ... Add a good stall convertor and you could even things up with the 4 speed car ... Let move ahead and now we have 6 speed autos and even 8 speeds like the srt 8s and hell cat .. If you are good with a stick you will have not problem staying with a Auto ...But you have to have skills to get it done .. Good clutch management and lighting quick shifts .. Most people don't spend much time at the track to learn the skills of banging gears ...For those people the auto is the best pick .. I have a 6 speed myself but I have years for shifting and racing 4 speed cars.. I'm not saying I will beat your auto with the same mods but it will be a drivers race to who get there first ... :)

Sponsored

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lets go back a few years ... 30+ years ago a four speed car were always a tenth and a half faster than a 3 auto ... Add a good stall convertor and you could even things up with the 4 speed car ... Let move ahead and now we have 6 speed autos and even 8 speeds like the srt 8s and hell cat .. If you are good with a stick you will have not problem staying with a Auto ...But you have to have skills to get it done .. Good clutch management and lighting quick shifts .. Most people don't spend much time at the track to learn the skills of banging gears ...For those people the auto is the best pick .. I have a 6 speed myself but I have years for shifting and racing 4 speed cars.. I'm not saying I will beat your auto with the same mods but it will be a drivers race to who get there first ... :)

I will agree with this. That being said, let's assume both drivers have perfect launches. With same mods in the same car, auto wins every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Very true. One of the best "mods" you can do for your car is the driver mod. Learning what your car can and can't do and how far you can push it pays off. I'm still learning my GT at just over 1100 miles. I get a little more comfortable with it every day. :)
Let me have my 6speed manual with drag radials,stock other then that and will run an auto stock on drag radials any time.I can adjust my lauch rpm and when i shift the gas pedal stays on the floor.Alot of these guys have never seen someone who can really shift a manual.Now pro stock and top fuel thats different they have to use autos,can u see a top fuel racer trying to shift lol.I will shift as fast as any stock 5.0 auto.I work on them everday and they dont shift fast in stock form.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Modern stock autos put up a good fight against a stock manual trans on the street w/ street tires.

Sticky tires change the dynamic, as stated, due to the 'adjustable' launch rpm.

Those making blanket statements that automatics are faster are incorrect. The key is having the correct clutch setup and tuning it correctly.

PS, FSC...high hp doorslammers...do not use automatics. Jerico, Liberty, GForce...not autos.

TF and FC don't use 'transmissions' like what you guys are talking about.
Sponsored

Last edited: