Put the car back to stock tune and removed JLT CAI

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
You'll need sct updater. Download the tune. Plug the sct into the computer. Start updater. Check for updates and let it install. Install tune into sct. Go install in car.

I recommend doing the update and tune transfer to device with car returned to stock. Just in case.

It really is easy to do.
Thanks, SVTFreak. I'll definitely return the car to stock before loading the Lund tune.

And I'll hook my charger to the battery during the process as a precaution.

I'm hoping for good things from the Lund tune and the restrictorless Steeda CAI.
Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
No problem. A charger isn't necessary though. I do turn off radio, ac, auto lights (turn to off) and never had trouble in probably 100 tune installs I've done over the years.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Beefcake sent my Lund tune yesterday, and I intend to load the tune and remove the Steeda CAI restrictor this weekend.

I'll post my experience and impressions after I get it all done. Hoping for a smooth load and a noticeable uptick in performance and intake sound.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Loaded the Lund tune and removed the restrictor sleeve from the Steeda CAI. It went pretty well with one small hiccup in getting the tune loaded that Terry at Beefcake walked me thru on the phone. Thanks, Terry.

Car is pulling strong and sounding good. The only possible issue I see right now is the rpms at idle after the car is warmed up seems to be a bit high at 750 rpms. I'm gonna run it for few days and then do data logging so Lund can tweak the tune to my car.

Below is a pic of the aluminum restrictor sleeve sitting on top of the CAI.
CAI.jpg

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
750 rpm is normal idle.

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)

pb29590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiun PP
Quick follow up. [MENTION=16983]2015 Silver GT[/MENTION] responded in a seperate thread. I asked the question as to whether or not it makes sense to get a Lund tune on an otherwise stock car. I'm in Florida and don't believe the "cold" part of the CAI. Also, is a Lund tune a Lund tune or would I get different results/tunes from different vendors? As usual thanks for your 2 cents.

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Def worth it even stock. Same tune everywhere you just get our great customer service if you order from us

pb29590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiun PP
Def worth it even stock. Same tune everywhere you just get our great customer service if you order from us

Thanks. The tune is $200, correct? If I add and power adders in the future, CAI, H pipe, etc, is there an additional cost for that? Also, I have an SCT 3 tuner that is locked to my old VIN. Can u guys unlock and flash back to stock or should I contact SCT directly?

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack

Sponsored

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Also, I have an SCT 3 tuner that is locked to my old VIN. Can u guys unlock and flash back to stock or should I contact SCT directly?
An SCT X3 handheld won't work on this car. You'll need to purchase an SCT X4 tuner.

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto

Hey beefcake, I had a question;

I just got a lund tune and for a auto 3.15 it hits hard. really hard. I am not doing any excess damage by having it shift so hard? like the transmission wont break in like another 10,000 would it?

thanks man

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S

I just got a lund tune and for a auto 3.15 it hits hard. really hard. I am not doing any excess damage by having it shift so hard? like the transmission wont break in like another 10,000 would it?

thanks man
Lund gets a little carried away with the shifting... Just ask them to soften it up a bit and they gladly will.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

thanks man
no,

actually soft shifting (slipping) does more wear on a trans in general,

but if you want it dialed back, they can

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.