Sponsored

Prototype: Custom GT350R Steering Wheel - Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Custom Leather Shelby Steering Wheels

In an effort to try and bring some more options to the market, I am contemplating doing my first batch of custom GT350 and GT350R steering wheels.

To give you a run down of the differences VS the OEM Shelby steering wheels, here are the changes:

-Re-profiled exterior shape (Note the outer contouring on the lower shoulders)
-Enhanced thumb grip areas
-Slightly thicker wheel
-Full re-trim in very high quality leather. Smooth leather on the top and bottom, with perforated side grips
-Red leather stripe stitched into the top center (R style)
-Red stitching (R style)

This wheel has been done GT350R style with the black leather and red stitching/red stripe, but I am also planning to prototype a GT350 dark grey wheel with black stitching and center stripe.

The OEM alcantara wheel is not to everyones taste, and can wear prematurely due to the nature of the material. This full premium leather offers an enchanced OEM appearance with the benefit of a more comfortable driving experience. Trust me when I say this wheel is a pleasure to have in your hands.

Quality is OEM.

Regarding price, I am pricing the wheels at $450 with a used Shelby wheel provided to us, or $650 outright. As previously mentioned, I am planning to offer 2 styles, GT350 or GT350R colors, but custom colors can also be accomodated.

My first production piece is going to be advertised in the classifieds section, incase anyone is interested in snapping up this first wheel. It is ready to ship immediately, no waiting time before shipment.

All feedback appreciated :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I really like it. I may approach you about a different color stitching if possible when time comes. Dealing with hurricane issues right now unfortunately.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Looks good! Would be interested in seeing more color options for the stitching and center stripe.

Also for those of us that have an OEM 350 wheel already, would you consider a core option? (Key word "option") Such as we send in our current 350 wheel and get a credit towards the final price?

OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Looks good! Would be interested in seeing more color options for the stitching and center stripe.

Also for those of us that have an OEM 350 wheel already, would you consider a core option? (Key word "option") Such as we send in our current 350 wheel and get a credit towards the final price?

Hi Zack,

Yes I will offer a core exchange for a stock GT350 wheel to discount the purchase price.

Regards :)

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hi Zack,

Yes I will offer a core exchange for a stock GT350 wheel to discount the purchase price.

Regards :)
Excellent! Likely will be looking to this in the future as my 350 wheel is getting a-little worn already....

OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Excellent! Likely will be looking to this in the future as my 350 wheel is getting a-little worn already....
Feel free to drop me a PM when you are ready and we can discuss what color combo you would like to order and I'll get you set up :thumbsup:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I like it, looks very nice! Am I seeing things or did you fatten the grips at 5:00 and 7:00? Also looks like the grips for 9:00 and 3:00 are a little fatter than OEM. I really hate how thin the OEM steering wheel is. Any reason you didn't just make the entire wheel a little thicker?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Beith Performance Parts

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I like it, looks very nice! Am I seeing things or did you fatten the grips at 5:00 and 7:00? Also looks like the grips for 9:00 and 3:00 are a little fatter than OEM. I really hate how thin the OEM steering wheel is. Any reason you didn't just make the entire wheel a little thicker?
You are correct, the grips have been fattened on the perforated sides to enhance the feel and grip ergonomics.

The top smooth portion is OEM GT350 wheel thickness, and the bottom has thicker contoured shoulders.

It is has been shaped to add a little flair to the wheel shape, not just a singular bland diameter :)

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Ooh, I like it. I might be interested in the future, but I don't know. I've had 4 different steering wheels on my car, and I've currently "settled" for a 350r wheel. While it's a great wheel, I can definitely tell the alcantara is wearing a bit, and is a royal pain to clean.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.