Sponsored

PROJECT REBUILD DELONE

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Welp, it's official. DeLone has officially undergone the beginning of the rebuild. It started today after work when I took the mangled bumper off and shot about an hour and a half south to go check out some possible parts. Result? On Saturday I'll be picking up my new bed. The thing is spotless. Not a single dent on it. It's even the same color as mine! But, that does not mean that I didn't leave today empty-handed. I brought home a new passenger-side door that has a bend in the corner. Thankfully, a few pounds of a hammer and a new coat of pain will make this piece look like it did when it rolled off the showroom.

Total Spent:

Passenger door: $60
Bed: $100
Tailgate:
Bumper: $25
Paint: ~$700 (estimate)

Current total: $185

Before:

Bumper removal:

New door:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Removed the tailgate, bed liner, and the tool box.

Three words: RIDES LIKE $H!T!!!

And I made my thingy to mount my tail lights on when the bed comes off.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Well, I took off the bed, and it rides worse. Seriously, it's back-breaking.

Here are the pix.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Well, sorry for the delay in the updates guys.

So I went back down to Fayetteville two weeks ago to proudly retrieve my bed, only to find out after I got there that it was a long bed. Seriously, that would be my luck. A perfect bed that's the same color, and it ends up being a foot longer than what I need.

So, I was back to square one trying to locate some parts. Then I remembered that I was e-mailing a guy earlier before the red bed and we agreed to meet up. I went down yesterday to go check it out. It isn't as clean as the red bed, and it isn't red. It's blue. Oh well...

So I got it. The deal was $125 for the bed and the rear bumper. I passed on the tailgate because somebody so kindly ground a hole in it trying to take the rhino-liner off.

Tonight I went down with my buddy and we swapped the bed off of a '94 Ranger onto DeLone. In all it took about an hour and a half from start to finish. Oh, and I had to go through like three mud holes to get to it.

And my '00 tail lights came in the mail!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
It's all about that Five Layer Burrito though...