Brian@Vossen

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
BTW I'm just trying to find a dealer that has ANY new mustangs on the lot to check one out in person. Through your search for yours do you know which dealers have any on the lot?
I know I got the last one my dealer had on the lot. I just kept searching the extended inventory and see what was arriving at dealerships around my area and when.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Brian@Vossen

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Here is my review after driving it all week:

Exterior: Ever since seeing the first renderings shown last year I've always liked what Ford did with the body of the Mustang. I think they did a fantastic job giving the Mustang a more modern/european look to it. Driving the car and looking into the reflections of other cars and glass windows of stores I break neck looking at my own car lol :lol:. The car has a very sharp look to it and once people start lowering the vehicle it will definitely compliment the aggressive front end. The aero kit that Ford adds to the car from factory is subtle but definitely puts the icing on the cake. One of my favorite parts of the car is rear end. Bringing back the fastback design and giving it a modern touch up was a great idea and Ford nailed it.

Interior: Being that I studied aviation in college, I love the inspiration towards the theme of the interior. It's the little things that count and they went down to the smallest details such as putting "Groundspeed" in the Speedometer which I thought was so cool :clap2:. Overall, the interior deserves an A+. They hit the nail on the head and put in the extra effort to deliver an interior that has quality parts to give it more of a luxurious feel. I have Recaro seats and they are really comfortable. The side of the seats hug you perfectly and give you the race car experience.

Handling: With this being my first Mustang I can't give a full on comparison between the S197 and the S550. The handling on the car alone is fantastic and the IRS definitely stands up for how good Ford claims it to be. Being in South Florida I don't get to take it hard around turns but you can tell how stable the car is. It definitely has a lot of potential and with a couple of mods it is definitely track ready.

Overall: I hands down love the car. I really don't dislike anything about the car since its a major upgrade from what I previously owned. This car has everything you can ask for the what it costs and the 5.0 packs a punch! :headbang:

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Wow, nice. I sure hope you wash that properly and get it polished out every year to keep it looking sharp.

Sponsored

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Matt Graphite:thumbsup:

Were there any issues with the larger 14mm studs with the wheels you were test fitting? Are you going 19"' or 20"?

One of the first things I want to do it swap out my PP wheels for some lighter aftermarkets. I'll probably stick with 19" because I want to keep the rotational weight down, but it's going to depend on the rim and tire availability in the sizes I want.

I'm thinking 295-305 out back and 265-275 up front
10.5-11" rim back, 9.5 up front.
Once I figure out aspect ratios/wheel hight, etc.

Waiting for pics :clap2:

OP
OP
Brian@Vossen

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Matt Graphite:thumbsup:

Were there any issues with the larger 14mm studs with the wheels you were test fitting? Are you going 19"' or 20"?

One of the first things I want to do it swap out my PP wheels for some lighter aftermarkets. I'll probably stick with 19" because I want to keep the rotational weight down, but it's going to depend on the rim and tire availability in the sizes I want.

I'm thinking 295-305 out back and 265-275 up front
10.5-11" rim back, 9.5 up front.
Once I figure out aspect ratios/wheel hight, etc.

Waiting for pics :clap2:
No problems whatsoever but you will probably need to switch out the lugs to smaller ones depending on which aftermarket wheel you go with. Our flow form designs are lightweight and very strong wheels. I'm probably going to run either 20x10.5 all around or 20x9.5 front / 20x10.5 rear. Tire size I'm looking at going 315/35 in the rear and a 275/35 in the front.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
No problems whatsoever but you will probably need to switch out the lugs to smaller ones depending on which aftermarket wheel you go with. Our flow form designs are lightweight and very strong wheels. I'm probably going to run either 20x10.5 all around or 20x9.5 front / 20x10.5 rear. Tire size I'm looking at going 315/35 in the rear and a 275/35 in the front.
How much do they weigh? "Lightweight" sounds like a salesman talking.

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Finally some concave action! :clap2:

I don't like deep dish in a pizza.....much less on a S550.:mad:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Brian@Vossen

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
How much do they weigh? "Lightweight" sounds like a salesman talking.
What offsets are you going to run on the square setup without rubbing?

That would look great with concave on all 4's
Both send me PM's and I will answer your questions you have about our fitments and weights. :thumbsup:

Finally some concave action! :clap2:

I don't like deep dish in a pizza.....much less on a S550.:mad:
Yessir!

Typeone

Sinsi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Ford
I have a love / hate relationship with black cars. Every time I have one I swear I'll never get another one. Seeing these pictures make me want to make a bad choice again! Very nice!