Project 6GR Wheels & Bolt-On Spacer Issues

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
In the other thread, you will see that even with a 20mm spacer up front, I only have 4.5mm clearance to the strut. If I remove the spacer, I'll only have -15.5mm clearance and I didn't want to risk running that aggressive.
Gotcha, my bad. I didn't read through the post in the other thread, I just looked at the pictures at how the wheels set so I missed the point of WHY. I just got hung up on the wheels sticking out like that. Personally, I'd just stick with a 10" wheel for the front if that was the choice or like [MENTION=14107]tyshenry[/MENTION] said, just go with the 20mm spacer which wasn't quite as bad if you just really need that extra width.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Killspray

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
Damn, square 19x11 is putting some serious meat up front.

How is steering feel with a 305?
I'm new to the autocross game.... I grew up drag racing and always had drag radials or slicks so I'm use to hooking. Then I got this car and tried autocrossing on the stock P Zeros and I was a nervous wreck. 1) Not used to aggressive lateral G's 2) Not used to not having traction.

Due to my rookie skills, coming in hot to corners, I experienced a lot of understeer on the stock width tires. Going to a square 19x11 setup with 305 R-S3's, good Lawd. I can't even get it to understeer if I wanted to. Steering feels great. Car is much more balanced now when cornering. No regrets going with 11's.

OP
OP
Killspray

Killspray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Premium GT
Gotcha, my bad. I didn't read through the post in the other thread, I just looked at the pictures at how the wheels set so I missed the point of WHY. I just got hung up on the wheels sticking out like that. Personally, I'd just stick with a 10" wheel for the front if that was the choice or like @tyshenry said, just go with the 20mm spacer which wasn't quite as bad if you just really need that extra width.
No worries. We knew not a lot of people were running squared 19x11's so we just wanted to document clearances to strut and clearances to fender with different size spacers and different camber adjustments. I was already running 1" spacers on the stock wheels so I'm stuck with them. The 20mm spacers were Tyson's. He just let me use them to snap some pictures.

Also, we autocross and the STP class now allows up to 11" wide wheels. And I was in the market for a set of track wheels when the rule was updated so I wasn't going to buy 10's when I could have 11. I knew other's were running 11's but people were being stingy with offsets... So I bought the wheels not even knowing how to make them work. I just figured we'd play around with spacer size and camber to make them work and share it with the peeps here. :cheers:

tyshenry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT w/ PP
No worries. We knew not a lot of people were running squared 19x11's so we just wanted to document clearances to strut and clearances to fender with different size spacers and different camber adjustments. I was already running 1" spacers on the stock wheels so I'm stuck with them. The 20mm spacers were Tyson's. He just let me use them to snap some pictures.

Also, we autocross and the STP class now allows up to 11" wide wheels. And I was in the market for a set of track wheels when the rule was updated so I wasn't going to buy 10's when I could have 11. I knew other's were running 11's but people were being stingy with offsets... So I bought the wheels not even knowing how to make them work. I just figured we'd play around with spacer size and camber to make them work and share it with the peeps here. :cheers:
Basically we are heroes.