Sponsored

Procharger issues/kit options

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Did some digging and didnt seem to find exactly what id like to know before i posted, at least to my main question.

Anyways, my last FI car was a 2014 A6 coyote with the vortech v3 system, looked great and made 540rwhp with very basic options, problem was it was zero fun to drive around town. Hard to describe, but i would be at idle at a red light or stop sign for example, and then leaving the light you would have to have the slightest amount of pressure on the gas otherwise with anything over say 25% or so it seemed, the dam thing would ramp up like a nitrous hit and get ridiculous. id be leaving stop lights and the minivan next to me would think im trying to race them it was that sensitive. It was a local dyno tune from a supposedly well known tuner with years in the industry. I ended up selling the car later for other reasons but bottom line it was not fun for daily driving, at WOT yea sure boost is always fun.

Fast forward im in a 2018 GT A10 now and looking at a stage II procharger setup from beefcake, but wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue as described above? Last thing i want is the same issue, and id be going with Lund for the tune btw.

Last thing, the beefcake stage II intercooled tuner kit with a P1SC setup is only missing the BAP and injectors right? Still includes the 8 rib dedicated drive and upgraded intercooler correct?
Sponsored

Redemptory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samuel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 6SPD Magnetic Metallic
I don't wanna hijack the thread, but do you Procharged guys use stock or upgraded OPGs?

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I don't wanna hijack the thread, but do you Procharged guys use stock or upgraded OPGs?
boundry opg’s here, but to the ops question, yeah definitely sounds tune related. My car with stock tires and 820 wheel is still a blast to drive. It’s only when I’m at or near 1/2 throttle that it starts to get crazy

OP
OP
TRPCANA

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
i mostly believe it was a tuning issue, just wondering if people are seeing anything similar, especially with the A10 and how it tends to hunt for gears.

Sponsored

Bmaughan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 procharged mustang gt
Definitely a tune related problem.. the procharger tune had an extremely touchy vacuum/boost transition. A local shop took a crack at it and smooth it out but in doing so made it a bit too docile. Now Lund tuned and it’s absolutely perfect. Hard to even notice the transition point.

OP
OP
TRPCANA

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Now for say the P1x blower, are you guys running a fore or sai li fuel system or just gettiing away with a BAP? For now i dont plan on over 700 rear until i get seat time with it and see how i like it.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i mostly believe it was a tuning issue, just wondering if people are seeing anything similar, especially with the A10 and how it tends to hunt for gears.
I think the a10/centri combo is perfect. You’re literally always in the power band. My tuner left drive select shift, which is fine by me because the car is much more tame in drive. Sport mode is very aggressive and I usually wind up using the paddles. Either way the cars a blast and totally manageable when I want it to be and totally unmanageable when I want.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Now for say the P1x blower, are you guys running a fore or sai li fuel system or just gettiing away with a BAP? For now i dont plan on over 700 rear until i get seat time with it and see how i like it.
I’m using a sai li style setup with a jms 2 channel bap and I’m out of pump at 820 wheel. If you have the means do the fuel system now. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Sounds like your issue was 99% tune related.
Procharger and the a10 are a perfect pairing as it puts you in the boost almost immediately no matter what speed your driving at. My recommendation is order the right stuff the first time. I would get a stage 2 kit but at least get the intercooler if you don’t. Make sure to order it with the gt350 charge pipe locating the maf in the tube not the intercooler. Upgrade the blow off valve or plan on install a TiAl q50 after the fact. I ordered the Beefcake special tuner kit with plugs, 1050x injectors, t-stat, and bap. When I started I used a dw400 pump, Vortech bap, and the injectors on e85 with the large 4.88 pulley. It ran 9.60 on e85 with set up but I would advise going with a fuel system from the start as you will end up with one at some point anyway. I use PBD for tuning and have had great luck. Let me know if you have any question as I have learned a lot thru trial and error.

Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
One more thing and probably the most important... get an X series head unit. P1x is great but if your going for big power upgrade to the D1x. For the minimal charge the X series is a more efficient blower and will make more power. If ordered with the kit it is to cheap not to get it.

OP
OP
TRPCANA

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Sounds like your issue was 99% tune related.
Procharger and the a10 are a perfect pairing as it puts you in the boost almost immediately no matter what speed your driving at. My recommendation is order the right stuff the first time. I would get a stage 2 kit but at least get the intercooler if you don’t. Make sure to order it with the gt350 charge pipe locating the maf in the tube not the intercooler. Upgrade the blow off valve or plan on install a TiAl q50 after the fact. I ordered the Beefcake special tuner kit with plugs, 1050x injectors, t-stat, and bap. When I started I used a dw400 pump, Vortech bap, and the injectors on e85 with the large 4.88 pulley. It ran 9.60 on e85 with set up but I would advise going with a fuel system from the start as you will end up with one at some point anyway. I use PBD for tuning and have had great luck. Let me know if you have any question as I have learned a lot thru trial and error.
This time will be Lund tuned, i already use their flex tune and have an Ngauge.

I had already planned on the P1X, after doing alot of digging on this forum. I dont plan on ever doing rods/pistons or getting into 800+ rwhp, this is a street car and my daily. The P1x is my compromise so im not at least sitting on the base unit and have some expansion, besides after seeing P1SC results its not like thats a slouch of a blower either. I do have access to E85 easily so thats always an option.

So far current plan has been to order the stage II P1X tuner kit from terry at beefcake, and put together the fuel system/ bypass on my own. The dedicated 8 rib drive and larger intercooler was the main selling point here i like the idea of being able to drive if a belt shreds and being in FL the intercooler is a must.

I was undecided on a bypass valve, and originally was going to get a BAP and ID1050 injectors on my own but ive been hearing some people push the fuel system upgrade and its got my eye now. Running E85 again would be nice to have as an option, and i assume a fuel system would be 100% needed even on 18+ and up cars? Would the fuel system replace the BAP requirements even on 93 pump gas? And with that being said, the ID1050 injectors would still be needed regardless of a BAP or a sai li system i assume?

MAF placement, ive seen this mentioned twice now. If i understand it correctly the MAF isnt placed in the inlet tube like on NA cars but instead located somewhere near the intercooler correct? You mentioned a GT350 charge pipe to place the MAF in the tube again, for clearer MAF signal i assume? Why did procharger place the MAF elsewhere on these kits and have people been having problems with its stock location? I was planning on just doing the MAK inlet pipe upgrade.

OP
OP
TRPCANA

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Another thing i noticed, fairly sure its not a problem since plenty of people run them without reported issue it seems, but does anyone in the higher temperature states have overheating issues? The stage II intercooler is massive and sits right in front of the factory radiator, how in the hell does it not block it lol? I do have a PP1 car.

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Just got a stage 2 kit from procharger in the last couple of months. The new kits locate the maf in the charge pipe as standard equipment. As for fuel system I would recommend a minimum of a sai li kit with id1050x’s. It’s what I run, but I will say if I had it to do over I would go straight to a fore setup. If you go fore no bap would be required
Sponsored